Open today: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Fun Painting in a Day Class

Reviewed April 16, 2019
LynnAll
Anchorage, Alaska
We bought 2 of Fernando's mixed media paintings and love them!

I did not take the painting class, but bought 2 paintings from the maestro! One is 1 meter by 1... read more

Reviewed March 19, 2019

from $60.00
from $59.00
from $69.99
More Info
All reviews painting class painting experience doors and windows step by step highly recommend taking a class san miguel hour lesson patient instructor brush strokes bright colors these classes private class hour class an excellent teacher week stay mixed media a lot of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019

.I was in San Miguel de Allende for only a few days, but I'm glad I was able to take a painting class at Christi Fer Gallery. With all the beautiful art all over the city, I felt inspired to create something of my own.
I took the class from Fernando, and we painted flowers. I am a beginner, and I learned so much! He taught us about sketching our subject with charcoal first, and how to judge perspective and size. Also, we learned how to paint flowers and leaves, and a glass vase, and how to paint shadows and light.

Fernando was very patient and funny and very encouraging. He is a really good teacher. I would encourage anyone who has a chance to take this class!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 8, 2019

We had a 3.5 hour painting workshop, with the subject matter being the doors of San Miguel.

It was very informative and we received one on one attention.
We ran out of time near the end, during the instruction on shadows, but did manage to complete a painting to bring home!

I do highly recommend this workshop!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

I did not take the painting class, but bought 2 paintings from the maestro!
One is 1 meter by 1 meter, the other is 1 by 1 1/2 meters. Both are beautiful mixed media oil and wax paintings. The colors are magnificent. His wisdom and skill are on display. Fernando was kind enough to hire a truck and bring them--and a couple others--to our home to see how they looked where they hang.
We are delighted with both the artist and his art. Cristi was also very helpful and informative. I plan to visit them again.

Date of experience: February 2019
Cristiana M, Owner at Cristi Fer Art Gallery and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Thank you for your review. The 2 paintings you bought were ones of my favorite work. My paintings are like my children so I am always happy when they have a home where they are appreciated. Looking forward to see you back in our gallery.
Fernando

Reviewed March 6, 2019

I walked in to my lesson truly believing I could not paint and came away from my 3.5 hour lesson with a painting that is now hanging proudly on our living room wall. Cristi was patient and funny and gave a general overview of shapes and colours etc before we actually started our painting. She then taught me the most valuable lesson - art is not about being perfect! I had a lot of fun and it has inspired me to continue to sketch and draw. If I'm ever back in the area I'll be signing up for a longer class.

Date of experience: February 2019

It was my pleasure to paint with you. I am always so happy when participants appreciate their work and hang their painting. Don't forget to sign it! Looking forward to paint with you again in the feature.
Cristi

Reviewed February 11, 2019

What a great opportunity made available to me as my schedule was tight. Fernando welcomed me ( a beginner painter ) to the class and led me step by step. He was extremely patient and fun to paint with. He painted a similar painting to mine and progressed at a very easy pace. At the end, I came away with a beautiful painting. I would highly recommend Fernando and the Cristi Fer Gallery.

Date of experience: February 2019
Cristiana M, Owner at Cristi Fer Art Gallery and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2019

Thank you for your review. It was my pleasure to paint with you. Keep painting and visit us again during your next tip to San Miguel de Allende.
Fernando G.