Cristi Fer Art Gallery and Workshops- MOVED
Review Highlights
Week long workshop

Cristiana and Fernando are amazing! Such a great workshop and great value. I've learned so much in... read more

Reviewed May 21, 2019
Roving368994
Fun Painting in a Day Class

.I was in San Miguel de Allende for only a few days, but I'm glad I was able to take a painting... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2019
LynnAll
Anchorage, Alaska

All reviews painting class painting experience doors and windows step by step highly recommend taking a class san miguel hour lesson patient instructor brush strokes bright colors these classes private class hour class an excellent teacher week stay mixed media a lot of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

Christi and her husband, whose father was a San Miguel painter, are both excellent painters. They are photographers as well as painters, so there are many choices. He paints a variety, from fruit to realistic fantasy, while she is charmed by street scenes of not only San Miguel but surrounding areas. They both understand and excel at capturing light, shadow and color. Her street scenes of the beautiful doors and windows of San Miguel are my favorites!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed February 2, 2016

My friend and I were in San Miguel and took 2 classes at Cristi Fer art studio. The classes were very helpful and we are rank beginners. Small classes with attentive teachers. We both were very happy with our work and learned techniques that make painting more enjoyable. I would recommend this studio to anyone looking for classes or an excellent variety of local art.

Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful class with a thorough introduction to the basics, perfect for a beginner like me. Whether I continue painting or not, I now have a greater appreciation and a more knowledgeable understanding of the art I've always enjoyed viewing. Cristi was great!

Reviewed January 23, 2016

I spent several days studying with Fernando learning to sketch buildings and people and applying watercolor. I learned much about perspective. This class is well worth taking. Christi & Fernando were both very accommodating.

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed January 19, 2016

I just returned from a four day session with Cristina and Fernando. They are excellent instructors as they don't just give a demonstration for you to observe, they teach you techniques to incorporate with your own style and help guide you to achieve your own goals. It is very personalized. I am a beginner and my work seemed so flat, until they taught me how to create shadows and depth in my work; proper use of tools and how to work with color and perspective. I will definitely go back.

Fernando is a Master Painter and the prices of his work at his studio are far below what they would be anywhere. The quality of his still life work rare and they are almost photographic. One must truly see them to appreciate them.