“Might have been an off day”
Review of Cumpanio

Cumpanio
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We just visited it last week and it was full of people and they were on a trendy list in the local restaurants magazine. /
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first visit to Cumpanio and I would have rated it higher but I found the service to be somewhat shoddy- My burger and the other dishes served were very good so based on food quality I would return. It took several reminders to the waiter to bring glasses of wine we ordered although the beers arrived quickly. We ordered 2 desserts, 1 arrived quickly and the 2nd arrived about 15 minutes later. We all did like the meals we ordered but the service was definitely not up to par (hopefully just today)- Having said that- I would suggest visitors try it for themselves.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We first did a "trial run" of cumpanio one evening while looking for coffee & desert. Delicious coffee and ridiculously beautiful and scrumptious choc. layer cake. We went back the very next evening for one of the best meals my husband and I have ever had. Started with tomato & eggplant tarte/tartin appetizer. Their fish of the day was Sea Bass- simply wonderful My husband had the seafood bouillabaise- he loved his dish as well. Waiter, hostess & bartender were extremely helpful & friendly. As well as the great food & service, restaurant is beautifully designed.

3  Thank ariell573
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Oh my. The baked goods, the food, the service - everything. Just amazing. Can't wait to get back to San Miguel to eat here again. Try the freshly squeezed red berry juice.

1  Thank collyk
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Every time we have visited San Miguel de allende the first stop is always for a "cafe con leche" and a delicious pastry from Cumpanio. I think this past trip my family and I must have tasted every single offering in their bakery menu. There is not a single item that we did not like or left wanting. A must in your next visit.

1  Thank martha p
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A bakery is part of the operation; you go there first and point out what you would like, then take a seat in the bar or dining area. There are more food options such as sandwiches and even gourmet prix-fix dinners; but we mostly ate pastries and had coffee. We especially liked the free WiFi.

1  Thank tayana42