“Market & Cooking Class Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sazon

Sazon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sazón is San Miguel de Allende’s premier tabletop store and cooking school, housed in a magnificent 18th century casa in the heart of this charming colonial town in the highlands of central Mexico. Sazón is the cooking school of Hotel Casa de Sierra Nevada, and is open to everyone, not only guests of the hotel.
Alexandria, Virginia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Market & Cooking Class Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I loved my afternoon spent in the market and kitchen at Sazon.
I am a chef myself and I had a great time learning about the local products at the market and having an authentic Mexican meal.

Visited March 2013

“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have to truly say that the Market Tour Cooking class was one of the very best experiences of my trip to San Miguel for so many reasons. The chef Emanuel Cervantes spoke perfect English, shared classic Mexican recipes, took us to the market and local shops to gather ingredients, then took us back to a beautifully appointed kitchen to teach us how to make several delicious recipes. The class was totally hands on but led by a master. He carefully started us off with each different item then let us finish while he started us on the next food. It was a mix of easy to challenging recipes but he was there to help us with each step, answering any and all questions along the way. We got a copy of the entire menu with directions and ate everything we made along with a juice and beer. We left with recipes and a cool little shopping bag we used for the market and a wonderful memory of a one-of-a-kind experience. Worth every penny and the price was reasonable!! I will do it again on my next visit this winter!

spicewood,
“Sazon Cooking Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Emanuel made our class very informative and great fun. If you have time while in San Miguel be sure to check this cooking class out--you will not be disappointed.

The Villages, Fl.
“Sazon Cooking Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a Great time with Emmanuel at the class. I had the good fortune to attend a small class of 4 people so we got to do "Hands On" and it was great. Learned some new things beyond Tex-mex cooking. If you can go while in SMA, be sure to and if you're lucky enough, go to the class that goes to the market before hand (extra 1 hour). That part was super and should be included in all classes. Enjoy !!!!

Huntsville, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learn to cook local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We took the Market and cooking lesson (3 hours). First we went to the market to learn how to purchase the local ingredients for meal.
Then we returned and everyone participates in cooking meal. Very instructive and the best lunch I had the entire trip. A great experience by itself, not to mention you can bring the skill home and hopefully recreate such a meal.