“Wow.... great experience cooking class in San Miguel Allende”
Review of Sazon

Sazon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sazón is San Miguel de Allende’s premier tabletop store and cooking school, housed in a magnificent 18th century casa in the heart of this charming colonial town in the highlands of central Mexico. Sazón is the cooking school of Hotel Casa de Sierra Nevada, and is open to everyone, not only guests of the hotel.
Honolulu, Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wow.... great experience cooking class in San Miguel Allende”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I really enjoy the class! The instructor Emmanuel was wonderful very patient and clearly enjoyed teaching. The best part is you get to eat everything you cook! The cost seemed reasonable it was quite a long class and you receive a wonderful meal, and you really learn a lot of about the culture the market and the food. It was great and highly recommended.

Visited December 2012

New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Mexican Experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently took a cooking class at Sazon with Emmanuel towards the beginning of my stay in San Miguel de Allende. The trip to the market was very educational. As a result, I was able to return to the market in later days and easily make my purchases and cook for my family and guests. The lunch we created during the class was wonderful! Well worth the time and effort!

1 Thank Terry S
Aspen, Colorado
“Cooking class”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Terrific in all respects! Entertaining, educational and social. Informative as to character of Mexican cooking beyond the usual tacos and burritos. Also good guidance on cooking technique in general and selection of ingredients.
Emanuel was also very entertaining in his commentary and instruction.
The class was small and thus there was good opportunity to engage with fellow participants.
The facility was well appointed, clean and very functional for the purpose intended. Easy to see the chef's activity with mirrors and TV screens.
Eating the product of the class was a real treat, as well. An excellent lunch!
My wife and I both Hhghly recommend this activity.

Visited December 2012
Longview, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I and friends recently took a cooking class at Sazon in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Emanuel was our chef and our experience was great. We really enjoyed going to the market with him and stopping by various shops to purchase the ingredients for our meal. Preparing our chile rellenos; enchiladas; guacamole and salsas was fun and not in any way intimidating. Emmanuel was very friendly and quite knowledgeable. We would heartily recommend Sazon and Emmanuel to any San Miguel visitor.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun time”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Make sure you get the market tour with the chef before your class.
Some classes don't include that. Shop cook and eat! If you like that you will have a great time.