“Great Experience”
Review of Sazon

Sazon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sazón is San Miguel de Allende’s premier tabletop store and cooking school, housed in a magnificent 18th century casa in the heart of this charming colonial town in the highlands of central Mexico. Sazón is the cooking school of Hotel Casa de Sierra Nevada, and is open to everyone, not only guests of the hotel.
Longview, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I and friends recently took a cooking class at Sazon in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Emanuel was our chef and our experience was great. We really enjoyed going to the market with him and stopping by various shops to purchase the ingredients for our meal. Preparing our chile rellenos; enchiladas; guacamole and salsas was fun and not in any way intimidating. Emmanuel was very friendly and quite knowledgeable. We would heartily recommend Sazon and Emmanuel to any San Miguel visitor.

Visited January 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun time”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Make sure you get the market tour with the chef before your class.
Some classes don't include that. Shop cook and eat! If you like that you will have a great time.

Visited January 2013
San Bruno
“Sazon Class”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was really impressed with the overall experience of the two classes I took this Christmas . Emmanuel makes it light hearted, non ego style, yaaah!The trip to the Market is fun and full of local items, but things Im sure I can find at home, California. I don't cook alot, but by the end of my classes, I was so excited to go home and cook these recipes for the house! I would take his classes again upon my next return to San Miguel!!! Thanks, MK

new york, nY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun, great food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had to drag my man to this, and he wound up loving it. We never took a cooking class before, and loved that this was all hands-on. Emanuel had us all chopping and stirring and roasting (we will work on perfecting his flipping technique with the skillet), so we really know we can use the same techniques at home.
Emanuel used some of his original recipes, including the best salad ever. He is a great teacher, fun and friendly. Like others said here, the trip through the market is not to be missed.

Pasadena, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chef Emmanuel Cervantes and the cooking class at Sazon”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The class started with a trip to the local mercado. What a treat to go with Chef Cervantes-he conveyed his passion for selecting the freshest and best quality food. Our group returned to the Sazon kitchen and there his magic began. The class focused on "healthy" cooking. His recipes were delicious but not over complicated. He explained the different steps carefully so that we could participate in the process of actually cooking our meal. This is the first time that I have taken a cooking class away from home but surely wont be my last. Chef Cervantes made his class be an important part of my vacation. Now as I duplicate the fabulous meal for my family and friends back home I can think of the extra special time that I spent in San Miguel de Allende!! If you get the chance sign up for a cooking class with Chef Cervantes- this will be a souvenir that you will enjoy the rest of your life. buen provecho.