“Great service and food”
Review of Muro Cafe

Muro Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: MuRo Named after the two surnames of one of the two guys who own it, Cafe MuRo open in Loreto Street stayed there from May 2010 to recently when it moved to its new venue at 1 San Gabriel St. in the beautiful Barrio del Obraje, just few setos from Fabrica La Aurora. It has been known for the quality of food and friendship of the staff- Cafe MuRo is a prestigious establishment well known for its cozy and homey atmosphere and popularity with locales and foreigners. Many regulars bring out-of-town visitors who want to get a "feel" of Mexican flavors in a not pretentious place. Cafe MuRo is much more a pleasant than the location might suggest. Not much to look at from the street, until you spy the delicacies within. The menu consists of simple, well-cooked, fresh and traditional Mexican food. Wonderful home-bread and soups, salad, good-sized portions, and fair prices make it a great place for everybody. Staff is friendly and helpful. When you come to MuRo, you are guaranteed a good meal and friendly service everybody time. Highlights include breakfast all day, a salad to die for and strong Mexican cofee that will knock you out. We assure you that once you are sitting in Cafe MuRo enjoying its food and service, you might want to stay longer that you originally tought! See you soon!
Reviewed October 2, 2013

One of the friendliest places in San Miguel. The food is great, but most important, Gerardo and Carlos always make you feel welcome. We eat their at least two or three times a week when we visit. We have introduced many friends to Muro and they all love it like we do,

1  Thank Donald M

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great intimate atmosphere, staff is friendly and attentive. Food is good. It is located in Centro, but not right on the main Plaza, which makes it more interesting.
It has a gallery and monthly openings.
I like to meet friends for breakfast and hag out and talk, look at the art pick up brochures on the latest in San Miguel.

3  Thank ArtandStaff
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We go often and it feels like home. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The food is excellent. The Huevos Benedictinos Muro are delicious; not heavy like the classic eggs Benedict. Perfectly cooked and served with bacon and sausage! The salsa verde is excellent. Burritos for lunch or breakfast are outstanding. A place you look forward to returning to. Don't miss it!

1  Thank RaeKY
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was introduced to Muro by a friend. We met some others for lunch. The lunch special is 99 pesos and well worth it. Soup, entree, drink, and dessert are included. The owner Gerardo is hands on making sure everything is up to par. The soups are a meal in themselves. Both times I have been here for lunch every serving was muy rico. Its not always you can say that. Sometimes the soup or appetizer is so so but the entree is great. Other times is the opposite. Each time I was there everything I had was delicious. Try the Muro salad it was unique. I love desserts and the tre leche cake and carrot cake made me think yummy as I ate every last crumb. Hope my next visit is just as good, but I'm sure Gerardo will make it so.

1  Thank Parlino27
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our last meal in San Miguel before flying back home and we wish we had found it earlier. Both my husband and I had classic Mexican dishes and they were both delicious. The decor is lovely. Take the time to find this little gem.

2  Thank Jeanpr