“Excellent charming basic hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Hotel Posada de las Monjas
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Centrally located in a charming old building nice courtyard
Very close to the main square and cathedral. Short walk to good restaurants.
Staff local very helpful and friendly
Rooms very basic and clean

Loved it. Would stay here again for sure

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dbdurango

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Except for the lack of television, this was a very enjoyable stay for us. The hotel is attractively laid out, with lots of terraces with great views of the city. There are flowering plants all over the property, along with the birds and butterflies they attract. The staff were helpful and polite.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The service is horrible, the rooms small and dirty, the bed was broken, the door had an opening, the window wouldn´t close properly, but whats incredible is that the place is run by cockroaches. I complained and they gave me another room, and the new one was even worse, I counted 15 cockroaches alive and dead. They refuse to give my money back, and this last saturday (June 29, 2013) at 2:30 am they kicked us out because I wanted another room or my money back.
Also, they didn´t wanted to open the garage doors for me, and they only did because I threaten to call the police.
GET AWAY!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank pike44
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the Posada de las Monjas last year and enjoyed it very much. I recently came across a family video where my wife, kids and I commented on how nice this place was and how lucky we were to have found it; that prompted me to write this review! We lost track of time, and decided to stay in SMA for the night. On a recommendation from an ex-pat, we walked over to the hotel to check for vacancies. We were fortunate to find a couple of rooms for our entire family. I was very excited to learn they provided private parking a few blocks away. The rooms were nice and clean. Our room was a bit noisy due to it being facing the street...the kids loved that. They felt they got to experience some of the night life, while in the safety of the room. Overall, very pleased with the find. We will undoubtedly stay there in a future visit to San Miguel de Allende!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ivan R
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past couple of decades and I found it is still an unbeatable value. The rooms vary in size but they are comfortable and clean, there is plenty of hot water, and free parking is provided in a guarded lot right at the hotel. It is only a couple of blocks to the principal plaza. I could not believe the price! It has to be the lowest in San Miguel for what you get. My room on my last visit (March 2013) had a living room with a fire place and a huge tiled bath. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable although I would have liked a better pillow. The restaurant is good and reasonable and there is a bar. The hotel is often booked during holidays and vacation. I found a rate on one of the top internet sites but since I wasn't sure of my arrival, I called. They said they had rooms so I didn't worry. The rate was 1/3 less than the internet site. If you want to splurge, SMA has many super hotels and B&Bs at super prices. I'll definitely stay here the next time I am in SMA.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Oaxacaone
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here during the week with 2 other couples and what a place, it is gorgeous, huge, had great secure parking and lots of rooms to choose from. Each room had a fireplace in it which we ended up not using and it was late Nov. Rooms only have double beds but you can get more than one, staff speaks English and the lobby was very nice. No TV's or phones but when you are on vacation who needs them. This is Mexico folks. 2 blocks from the Jardin and the beautiful church, we all felt very safe even out at night.
The only negative we have is that they charged for coffee, but if you want it you will pay.
We would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #39
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 197JulieH197
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This hotel is very well located, within walking distance from most of the interesting places, and has parking space (something very hard to find in SMA).
The rates are very accesible, and sometimes the rooms are not that clean (Ive stayed there on several occasions) and the towels are very very old. There is no TV or phone (but if your are at SMA, what do you want them for).

It is a very good option if you are in a budget.

WARNING: Never let them give you the rooms at the back of the hotel, there´s a property behind the hotel that is pretty much a farm, and the roosters and other animals wont let you sleep in.

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms at the back of the hotel. Pick the ones at the center. The ones close to the str...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple