“With a lot of Charm!!!”

Hotel Casa Primavera
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is so beautiful, and suits with the town. The rooms are super comfy and clean; amenities are so natural and cool. It has all the charm you are looking for this kind of town in San Miguel. Service is good and every one looks happy. I highly recommend this hotel in essence, however is far away from down town and you always need a cab or a car to go anywhere so consider that if what you looking for is convenience.

Room Tip: Not close to parking lote.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Only three slight gripes with this "new" (i.e. newly built in the colonial style) hotel: (i) it is not within reasonable walking distance of the centre of town- you take the shuttle or a taxi (very cheap); (ii) no easily available sauna or gym -you pay extra for fancy spa type facilities; (iii) no BBC or European stations on the TV. That apart, the staff are invariably keen and friendly, the beds are super, the food good and the ambiente restful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I have just come back from the most wonderful stay in the Casa Primavera, San Miguel Allende, Mexico! Firstly I want to say what a fantastic service! With special thanks to Maggie for a truly personalized service. Spending a lot of time giving us options of what to do and visit in town and ensuring everything we required within the hotel from wonderful relaxing massages to breakfast and dinner.

If you are considering a place to stay go no further, this is it! It is situated on the hill not 5 minutes from the centre of San Miguel Allende with a free shuttle service provided to the downtown.

The hotel though only three years old has been built in a beautiful boutique old fashioned Mexican style which had my wife and I convinced it was hundreds of years old. With furniture and art works to match.

There are several classes of rooms to stay in, we stayed in one of the suite rooms which was a wonderfully large room that contained a gas fireplace (beautiful to read at night by during the winter nights we experienced), the most comfortable king sized bed I have ever slept in and I have stayed all around the world. Beautiful antique furniture and books, a powder room, lovely bathroom with lovely organic soaps and shampoos refilled every day. There was also a balcony you could walk out on! Not to mention a tv with cable channels etc and free wireless internet within the rooms.

For dinner we only ate the hotel! Every dish we had I give 5 stars a wonderful mix of modern Mexican cuisine! I recommend the BBQ shrimp marinated in tequila or the fish tacos.

We enjoyed our dinner by the lit fireplace with a relaxing quiet atmosphere and friendly service. A special thanks to the wait staff for making our meals truly enjoyable.

As for cleanliness the hotel is first rate, our room was serviced twice a day and it was wonderful to return after a day out in the town and lay down on the freshly made bed.

Other services include; nanny or child minding which is cheap and convenient, it is family friendly and they provided a cot and everything we needed for our 6 month old. Massage and spa services I recommend getting one, it was cheap and lovely. Also the staff a keen to point out the attractions and tours and help you in booking. The staff speak English beautifully so I never had any problems communicating. Just ask for Maggie.

To sum it all up we had a wonderful stay and we will be back again. This hotel is conveniently a short trip out of town so no waking up to the sound of fireworks exploding at 4 or 5 am in the morning to celebrate some churches patron saint as has happened in the past. But with the free shuttle service so conveniently and easy to access.

Stay here and you will love your time in San Miguel Allende.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank nchardon84
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I used tripadvisor to as a guide to book a last minute hotel in San Miguel de Allende on my little roadtrip of central Mexico. I'm really glad I read most of the reviews, which were very helpful and prepared me for what to expect from this hotel. When arrived at the hotel I did see their hotel rates posted on a small sign of the concierge desk, which would would be almost $200 per night (I used Expedia and got it for a much lower rate). However, the staff did not treat me any differently and were very pleasant. The assisted me with parking my car and taking my bags to the room.

I immediately hopped on the courtesy shuttle to start my journey through the Jardin, the core of the city. Later that night, I called the hotel to let them know when I was ready to be picked up at the exact same location at 8pm (the last time the shuttle ran). I waited until 8:25 pm but the shuttle didn't arrive and decided to take a taxi. When I did get back to the hotel, the gentleman who took my bags to my room apologized for the inconvenience and stated the shuttle was behind schedule and did make the attempt to go pick me up. Nevertheless, it was only about a $5 cab fare and I wasn't too bothered about it.

Aside from the shuttle issue, I absolutely loved the hotel. The building was very nice and tastefully decorated, very high-end. I could easily picture having my wedding here.The rooms were very clean (new I think) and the view of the pool was spectacular. My pictures attached do not do the rooms justice. During my visit, they were constructing another building in the hotel complex but did not experience any noise.

Minor drawbacks are 1.It is away from the center of the busy area of town so be prepared to take a taxi or drive and 2. they didn't have a good variety of cocktails, so I settled for a stiff regular margarita on the rocks 3. Most of the hotels here don't have central air, including this one and I would advise traveling in cooler months. In November, it was slightly chilly but nothing a few extra blankets won't fix (the hotel may have extra accommodations I may not be aware of).

Room Tip: View of the pool,the doors open in case you need a breeze.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylvia C
Reviewed September 9, 2013

It is a nice, new Hotel Boutique, beautifully decorated and in prime condition. However little dtails ask for improvement. Just entering the room you see the traditional locks, which are not appropiate for a hotel: demands openning and closing each time you enter or exit the room. And the key did not operate smoothly. Then the floor is nice and clean, but cold. No rugs at the bed, nor sleepers! Internet do not work in the rooms, which nowadays are inacceptable, and works erratically in common areas. The walls and ceiling to thick which makes it very loudly: people walking from one side to other, or even flushing the toalet, can be annoying at 6 or 7 AM.
In the positive side: nice bath ropes (but no sleepers), nice and exquisite decorations, great location very close to downtown but out of it and close to the highway, nice vanity toiletries.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel is away from downtown so it is much quieter. It is about a $4 US taxi ride to the main plaza. This is a small boutique hotel with a very well trained staff that go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. You should note that most hotels in San Miguel do NOT have air conditioning. It can get quite warm during the days of August.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alangt19
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel Casa Primavera provides a cost reasonable option to enjoying the artistic and colorful San Miguel Allende. Hotel Casa Primavera is out-side of town and only the brave should consider walking into town, but easy drive down hill into town. If a no car visit is your desire, then you need to look in the heart of town.

Hotel provides for ample small town charm. No work-out facility was a surprise, plus no AC for the hot times of year, thankfully the visit did not require in July.

GSW