“Best Rib Eye in town.”

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Rib Eye in town.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am a meat lover and came upon this small restaurant in the center of town. What a lovely place. Very nice owner who is at hand to make you feel welcome. His staff is friendly and the food is superb! El Tomato is where we go frequently for best Rib Eye in town! Wednesday evenings are my favorite nights. I love Tango and El Tomato plays tango music and if you like to dance, they have an intimate courtyard where you can enjoy a glass of wine, watch the Tango dancers and perhaps venture yourself to the dance floor. I love El Tomato.

• Visited June 2013

“forgettable”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Most of the food was good. I enjoyed the empanadas and the fetuccine alfredo. However, the Argentine chorizo was terrible. The service was below average. We had a very hard time getting the attention of our server. This place is okay, but I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends.

Visited May 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“What a great place to eat - with first class live music!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came upon this restaurant on the recommendation of our guest house, the Posada Corazon, the recommendation was well placed. The small restaurant was busy but not crowded. The diverse menu, whilst Argentine at its core, offered a range of Italian specialities. The Argentinian owner was at hand to guide to guide and advise our choices. Polite and courteous, he spoke excellent English for those (me included) for whom Spanish does not come easy. The quality of the food was outstanding. Our table of 4 chose different options for each of the 3 courses and none of us had a disappointing dish. The whole atmosphere was rounded off by some of the best live music that we have heard during our very musical stay in San Miguel. I am sorry that I did not ask the name of the Signora, but I can only say that her voice was as clear as the sky is blue and her guitar accompaniment was faultless. A great evening! Oh the price too - great value for money.

• Visited May 2013
Oakville, Canada
“El Tomato - Recommend”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Good food and service. Four of us and we all had steak. Thought the side dishes were very good and the steaks were extremely good - just too much meat for me and no smaller portion available. Dessert was also very good. Atmosphere was great and we loved the music! Price was reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
St. Helena, California
“Great music, wonderful service, expensive.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Isn't Mexico supposed to be a better value? I can't figure out why you can't find a decent wine list in Mexico. These are CA prices for wine, but terrible selection. And this is indicative of pretty much everywhere.
Love the soundtrack - tango. Set the right mood.
One the food, my husband said his steak was great, and we had a very good appetizer - the anchovy bruschetta. The rest of our meal was pretty mediocre. Vegetables were bland and not terribly fresh or well-prepared.
The service, however, was stellar. The waitstaff is kind, knowledgable, English-speaking and appropriately attentive. This is probably one of the best places in San Miguel, but we were not all that impressed.

• Visited April 2013