“Still The BEST”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have been coming here every 6 months to a year, ever since they moved from the Salida a Queretaro. This visit was just last week. Service and food are still 5 stars. My favorite is the bass or grouper, but everything is great. I rarely eat desert, but the molten chocolate is a must. And the view of downtown and the Paroquia is wonderful.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

With the most inviting view and welcoming Host and service, not to mention the food! This has become my most favorite Italian restaurant to date. Having never really been that excited over Ravioli dishes in the past (and I have been fortunate to have dined all over the globe...) I can't tell you how "crazy good' the ravioli special's are.....the spinach w/ a lamb ragout!!!! and then the short-ribs......unbelievably tasty!! Portions are perfect.Their wine list, desserts and the beautifully presented and delicious appetizers, make this my top pick in San Miguel De Allende!!! Bon Appetite!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Coming from NYC where there is Great Italian Food this was certainly a wonderful surprise and absolutely delicious.
I had ravioli stuffed with short ribs...OMG my mouth is still watering.
This was my best meal in San Miguel...

1  Thank pvillers
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple enjoyed dinner at Cafe Frienze a few nights ago. The restaurant is tucked away in Colonia San Antonio across from the church. We sat on the covered rooftop terrace with a great view of the famous Parroquia Church. I enjoyed the Caprese Salad, my husband had the sauteed calamari, and our friends had the smoked salmon belly. All were delicious. Our dinners were chosen from the specials of the day: grouper with risotto was my choice. The others chose the pasta of the day. Again...delicious. We enjoyed the quiet ambiance, great food and great view as the sun set and darkness fell. Antonio was a wonderful host and the server was attentive at the right times. We'll definitely go back for dinner!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We found this place after calling a couple of times for directions. As we approached there is a main entrance, empty looking with a door going to a somewhat frightening elevator for 2 (we did not see the stairs but they are before the elevador entrance). We were all welcomed with open arms by the owner (which we found out after dinner) and our waiter Oscar. We sat in the terrace overlooking the church accross the street and view of beautiful doentown and the towering Catherdral which was wxtremely pleasant. We started with a very nice house wine. Followed with a perfectly prepared, light Cesar salad which was just right. My wife ordered the Osso Bucco which was on special, on a bed of tasty risotto. I ordered the Parpadelli pasta which is made here with a light bolognese which was very good. My youngest ordered the Arrechera (flank Steak) which was exceptional, one of the best we have tried anywhere (including my former restaurants) with a blue cheese cream on the side, mashed potatoes and a tamarind gravy. Amazing dish. Two of my sons tried the raviolis (fresh paya made here) with meat each with different sauces. They were both very good however the stuffing was delicious with feta, garlic, meat and some other tasty ingredients. For desert we had a molten chocolate (which we ordered seconds) and also the Panacota made with fresh lemon balm (which the owner showed me his plant and gave us some) which is like a flan almost but less gelatiny and just marvelous. We ordered seconds as well. I also wanted to note that our server, Oscar provided myself and family impeccable service and combined with amazing food and a great view, this should definitely be in the top of SM restaurants. Keep up the good work and we thank you!

1  Thank JohnMarkKucera