“Wonderful food, service and ambiance”
Review of Venus Lounge - CLOSED

Venus Lounge
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: El mejor restaurante Asiatico en Mexico. Abierto 7 dias Comida Thai, Asian Fusion autentico, fresca y excelente presentacion de comida. El Rey de Pad Thai en Mexico!
Pleasant Hill, California
“Wonderful food, service and ambiance”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was surprised to find a Thai restaurant in San Miguel de Allende - but even more surprised to see bad reviews of this wonderful place. We were there last night for one of their free concerts and had some appetizers that were out of this world. The wait staff was friendly, helpful and accomodating. The musician was remarkable as well. Everyone was enjoying their food and the great entertainment. I had lunch there today and was delighted with my meal. I had their fresh spring rolls and fantastic bowl of Tom Yum that was loaded with veggies and chicken. I thought the flavors and seasonings were really tasty and well balanced, and the food very fresh. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food. Now is it truly authentic Thai food? Of course not. We're in Mexico, not in Thailand, silly. Chinese food in countries outside China certainly aren't authentic, so why expect perfectly authentic Thai food outside of Thailand? If you want to go there for the entertainment, be sure to make a reservation. The place gets full very quickly, and I suspect, not just from the entertainment, but from the yummy food.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Nancy H

“Consistently good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Arrived back in SMA last week and was amazed to read a bad review of this restaurant.
My wife and I eat here at least once a week when we are in town. Over the last six months we must have visited the restaurant a dozen times. Everything we have eaten, from the wonderfully fresh summer roll to the flaversome soups and curries have been consistently good. Couple this with the attractive space and great service from Sam, Anna and their team always ensures that we leave happy.

4 Thank Evasol01
Queretaro, Mexico
“Horrible Food! Horrible Service!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We frequent SMA and have tried many restaurants. I have never been so inspired to write a review and WARN people about the place. We stopped in on a Saturday afternoon during normal Mexican lunch hours. It was empty (should have been a warning). The service was slow and the chef & waiter spent the time chatting with a friend who stopped by. The food was nothing even resembling Thai food (I have eaten Thai in many countries including Thailand). It was disgusting - over cooked soggy mess for two of us, raw uncooked meat for the third. My daughter and I both were sick the next 24 hrs. My recommendation is - go to another restaurant!!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mic_sully_y
Evergreen, Colorado
“Worse Thai food ever had”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We ordered red curry and was strangest curry ever had!
I spent 6 weeks in Thailand and know what Thai food should taste like and it is not this!!
But heard the other Thai resteraunt, Orquidea, is authentic and great. Cant wait to try it as I love Thai food. Dont bother with this one.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank julievida
London, United Kingdom
“Thai one on”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We went for late lunch and were the only customers. We tried four of the starters which were pleasant enough but simply not authentic Thai cooking. The restaurant looked a bit tired however the service was good. They do not take credit cards. I hope other Thai restaurant in town does better.

• Visited December 2012