“Not only a good name”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Very nice ambiente (light, seatinig and noise level). Contemporary kitchen with a variety of fish and other selections from the grill. For me as a vegetarian not the ultimate choice but the chief would cook whatever I would like without meat.

Service was outstanding and very toughtful. It started with the presentation of various white wines with a good explanation and while dinner the salsa was prepaired in front of your eyes. Not even that, the salsa was delicious and we ordered a 2nd portion which was again to our suprise freshily grinded and blended.

The food was fresh and what you can expect for that price. I am not sure if everyone gets so much attention as we did but I would guess so. I am put this in doubt because the restaurant was empty wihout us.

For a special occasion this contemporary/mexican restaurant can be highly recommended.

1  Thank eyewash
There are newer reviews for casa allende

Reviewed October 5, 2011

The food is delicious, delicate flavors, contemporary mexican food, good portions, they prepare spicy sauces in front of your table and the service is very very good. I will definitly go back and i fully recomend it!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our family enjoyed Casa Allende, I think they are the best mexican restaurant in San Miguel. Service was attentive, we had the lamb ossobucco, very good, and my favorite were the deer tacos. They make spicy sauces tableside, excellent. Wine selection is not very good, there was not even a wine list available, that is why I give them 4 stars, yet I would go back. Do try it!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I and another couple dined at Casa Allende last night to sample their special "Madrid Fusion" menu. Even though it was a set four-course meal, the waiter was most accommodating to allow the one vegetarian to substitute sauted robalo (sea bass) for the main course (lamb osobucco), without any extra charge. For the price of 250 pesos per special menu, we had two appetizers: crab-stuffed gorditas and a rabbit enchilada with avocado sauce (the vegetarian was offered a baked potato with rajas and cream in lieu of the rabbit enchilada). Everything was delicious! Then the osobucco: very tender meat falling off the bone bathed in a savory tomato sauce with julienned vegetables. For dessert, the menu included a lime pie with candied cactus bits on top in a lime sauce - also a dish of very delicate flavors, a perfect end to a lovely meal. I was shocked that, on this Saturday night, the place was only about 1/3 full at 9 pm. Maybe that's a sign of the times, but this excellent dining locale needs to be better frequented! It's one of our favorites - this was our fourth time there in as many months. Chef Eduardo is truly a culinary star.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

The second outpost of Mexican TV Chef, Eduardo Osuna. The chef has serious credentials, including the much missed Aguila y Sol in Mexico City. Dinner here was a mixed bag. The restaurant is lovely, high ceilings, red walls, square white plates, comfy chairs, all very modern and luxurious. The service was attentive and professional.

We split three of the appetizers and shared an excellent rib eye (with mushrooms, bacon, chipolte and nopal) for the main course. Of the three appetizers one was outstanding and the other two just OK. The fried Queso Mancheso in a salsa verde with sesame was three thumbs up delicious. The crab gorditas were tasty but the crab was a tad tired. The duck carnitas were only fair and the tortillas were a disappointment. On the other hand, the margaritas were terrific, especially the tamarind version. We had a very inventive Mexican chocolate cake, sweet and almond y with dried fruits, topped with bittersweet chocolate ganache and drizzled with a jamaica-caramel sauce that was outstanding. While not everything was up to expectation, I'd go back and try some other things.