“Such bad service that it ruined the whole meal!”

Pescau del mar al bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 415 152 8800
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The service at the door very poor, it took ages to have someone take our order, we didn't even get all the drinks until after the food arrived which was also so delayed that the first ones had already finished their fish when some of the appetizers arrived. The last ones were the children's dishes who were starving. The owner was there and his behavior was miserable. He did not apologize for the long wanting, nor for the mistakes in the order, nor for not having a place for children to change diapers. He actually told our group (6 adults, 2 children and 1 baby) that we were not welcome there with kids. When we asked if it was an adult only restaurant, why did he not advertise as that? He answered, less people would go to the restaurant. The food was really mediocre, not what you can get in Mexico and those fried greens, full of oil, are a total waste of food, oil, energy and money, they don't match with any of the dishes flavors and could be replaced by anything more tasty. Won't ever go back! Finally, the chairs are so heavy, you don't even dare to stand up from the table because you can not move them, imagine children! And of course, no baby chair.

4  Thank ShanghaiSchumi

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The food and the ambiance are very good, a little lack of service attitude from the waiters. Good location also.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Very smokey to start!!
We were a larger party, my entrée got over looked in the order, it came 10 mins after everyone else was finished eating, it wasn't good when I got it and wasn't even the correct entrée. The owner was aware if the situation and didn't do anything about it. We were in costume for day of the dead, I helped my husband with his face paint, very briefly in the restroom, with the door open and the owner came over and through a fit about it, total jerk! But he didn't care about bad food and service though.... Get you priorities straight! Bad biz, I will never go back!

5  Thank RubyJoyJ
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have a previous review to Pescau, where due the lame attention at the entrance, we took off for better alternatives. This time at the door we had, young hostess very helpful and kind, older woman with not-so-friendly manners and, again, you can see they receive a lot of regulars and friends; everybody else gets average attention, so don’t be surprised. My recommendation chose well on the menu, some options are outstanding, while some are just plain; I had the “zarandeado” with whole fish option, good choice if you like to eat the meat right from the spline of the fish, not for everybody; but traditional way to eat fish in Mexico, It was very good. Shrimp cocktail was good also, a little over-priced for the size, but taste was good for sure. Form other reviews I can see they are not consistent on service and food, my recommendation to them is to standardize, get some restaurant management training, you have good future; avoid been selective with you customers and be careful on not getting on the hang-over remedy segment, this will ruin you in the long term.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great Food, Great Drinks... The food was excellent being that I rarely eat fish you must try the sashimi and the marlin taquitos...