“A nice slice of Mexico”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“A nice slice of Mexico”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The setting was great, lovely music, including violin and guitar. Margaritas were very good and the food was almost up to the margaritas. We were a table of six, 4 of whom loved their entrees and 2 not so much-but everyone loved the desserts-the best we had on the trip. Don't miss the frozen peanut butter pie-not exactly traditional Mexican-but way, way above average. Prices were reasonable and it was a memorable evening.

1 Thank Jay S

Ft. Thomas, Kentucky
“Nice on Saturday for the music - food was fine, not great”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went last night (Saturday) and we arrived at 9. Yes there where many other Americas but plenty of Mexicans as well. And by 9:30 when the music was in full swing the crowd had thinned and it was only Mexicans and us near the music. The mixed appetizer was tasty and really a meal in itself with 3 chicken fingers, 3 coconut shrip and a quesadilla. Then I ordered the Ceasar salad - enormous and lots of anchovy. I love anchovy but found the dressing had too much oil and only ate about 1/3 of it. I went to listen to Pedro Cartas play violin (he did lots of Standards that you would recognize) and his keyboard player was excellent.

Carmel Valley, California
“Worse than a cheap tex-mex”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The food we ordered was not really appetizing and we could not finish our dinners. There are so many other great places to visit in this world class city, we were disappointed.

Visited January 2014
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Consistently consistent!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

When I say to myself "Self, where shall we go for a bite?", Hecho en Mexico always pops up. Here is what I love about it.

*Excellent, attentive 5 star service
*Menu choices are many, especially for me, a non-meat eater.
*Portions are generous! I love the seared ahi. (I'm a pescatarian!). It's always done just how I request it - medium rare. And it's plenty for 2 meals.
*Entrees come with a choice of 2 side dishes. The creamed spinach is awesome, as is the sweet potato casserole, onion rings, nopales.
*Bartenders make some outstanding adult beverages. Ask Mario for a margarita and you'll be very happy with the results.
*Wonderfully mixed crowd of gringos, Chilangos, and people from all over the globe enjoying their meal. I've been in ther when I was the only gringo. And, I've been in there when there is nothing but gringos.
*When the weather is nice, the roof is open, giving it a wonderful al fresco feel.
*Friday and Saturday evening, you'll find violin virtuoso Pedro Cartas wailing away. It's like a free gift with purchase!

Buen provecho!!

New York
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The food was awesome, the service was great and very accommodating and the atmosphere full of energy with good live music.

• Visited December 2013