“Laja Spa at Casa De Siera Nevada Hotel”
Review of Laja Spa

Laja Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Paying tribute to the magnificent Laja River that flows through the mountains in the north and fills the San Miguel Lake, the Laja Spa is a haven of purification and rejuvenation. We offer these treatments in three beautiful air conditioned colonial style treatment rooms.
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Great spa with wonderful ambience and service. Experienced and friendly staff. We were dying for a pool and these guys hooked us up after our services. We had massages and then went to the hotel pool for margaritas and guac. yum!

4  Thank Geoffrey B

Reviewed February 8, 2012

a world class spa, in Centro, one of the excellent amenities of the Sierra Nevada hotel which is accessible to non-guests.
The massage rooms feature the work of top San Miguel artists, such as Marion Perlet.

7  Thank traveladdict008
Reviewed January 27, 2012

In January,2012, my husband and I came to San Miguel from Washingtin D.C. Before leaving home we booked a visit to Laja Spa thru their Internet website. My husband selected the Deep Tissue Massage and I selected the 80 minute Regenerating Facial. ( the treatments are very well described on the website). After our first visit to Laja Spa, we were so pleased we returned two more times. Yes, three visits in two weeks may sound like much, but if you go to the spa you too will want to return again and again. We have never had such great massages in our home town. My husband felt that he received the most enjoyable, relaxing and beneficial massage he had ever experienced. The Regenerating Facial treatment I received from Consuelo was exquisite. It began with a delightful foot bath, followed by a great back and neck massage. Because I told Consuelo that I had some sciatic nerve pain in my legs, she also massaged my leg muscles. By this time my entire body was totally pain free and relaxed and then Consuelo performed her magic on my face with the Regenerating Facial. I felt like I must be in heaven, so it is understandable that we returned again and again. The Facial really did improve the look and feel of my skin. Our visits to Laja Spa were the very best days in San Miguel and they will be remembered for a long time.
Go to Laja Spa and enjoy being pampered...you will be happy.

9  Thank EllenJPE
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Laja Spa is clearly run by an international group. I chose a package for my husband's birthday that started with the Temescal. It is a ceremony/ritual that is led by a shaman. It is conducted in a stone igloo-like structure. The shaman gives some history on the ritual and some instructions and expectations before you enter. Volcanic rocks are placed in the center of the lodge, and the shaman places some herbs (cedar, rosemary) on the rocks. The door of the lodge is then closed, so it is pitch dark. The shaman splashes water on the rocks to create steam. He suggests intentions for the occupants (children, mothering, fears, insecurities to be released, etc.) and chants/sings at various times. I found it to be calming, purifying and refreshing.
After the Temescal (which took 2.5 hours in all), we were brought back to the spa (the facilities are located on different streets in San Miguel so you are transported in a golf cart or van) for our next treatments. The spa had locker rooms with lockers and amenities (body lotion, deodorant, q-tips, blow dryer), and our couples treatment room was nicely heated (it's been chilly here in the mornings and evenings). Our therapists treated us to a complimentary body exfoliation. They applied the scrub on our table, and then there was a shower in the private bathroom attached to our treatment room where we were able to wash off the scrub.
My husband speaks Spanish but I do not, and my therapist spoke English very well. She was clearly trained in professional massage techniques - she did Shiatsu and Lomi-Lomi massage, and she was very strong. They used eye masks and hot towels to wipe our feet -all the nice touches you expect from an international spa. We had a basic facial to finish our treatment, and my therapist was very professional. Our entire experience lasted 5 hours!
Overall, I was very pleased at the level of service, the skill of the therapists, and the quality of the facilities. I would recommend Laja Spa to anyone in San Miguel and trust that even worldly spagoers will not be disappointed.

10  Thank dscbel
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I loved my whole experience at the Sierra Nevada and was so blown away by the Laja Spa
I booked it twice during my short travel to san Miguel. The staff was very professional, accommodating and warm. The personal touch from the manager Carlos to the Spa manager and staff was exceptional and above the quality of service I have experienced in many other spas.

7  Thank 512marta
CasadeSierraNevada, General Manager at Laja Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Dear Marta,
Many Thanks for your beautiful words about our spa. We feel honored to know we really enjoyed your treatments and we touched your spirit. Thank you again and we would love to welcome you again in Casa de Sierra Nevada for another authentic experience.

Kind Regards,