“I was really disappointed”

San Miguel Deli & Bistro
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Eclectic Fusion Bistro menu in a beautiful setting overlooking San Miguel de Allende and romantic sunsets with mountain views from a private terrace.
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“I was really disappointed”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

On a glowing recommendation from my wife and I, four of us went to the Mezzanine Bistro for a special occasion. My wife and i had been on prior occasions and had been very pleased. Not so this time. The service was attentive and friendly, the decor was wonderful. The restaurant was not filled so we were very kindly offered seating on the terrace. Just a beautiful location overlooking nighttime SMA.

The first problem arose with the white wine we had with some very excellent starters. My friend, who is very knowledgeable in this area, ordered a bottle of a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc ($390 pesos). Instead we received a not well-chilled Argentinian Sauvignon Blanc that Costco in Celaya sells in a 6-pack for less than $79 pesos a bottle. When questioned, the waiter said that the person printing the menu had made a mistake. We were still charged the full $390 pesos ... a great markup.

For a mains, two of us ordered the Pork Encroute with roasted apple. Beautifully presented, excellent flavours., a joy to eat. About 4 or 5 minutes later, the other two meals showed up.

As I said, I was really disappointed and more than a little embarrassed at our suggestion for this special occasion. When you are charged the prices we were, the restaurant must be on its game.

• Visited November 2011

Queretaro City, Mexico
“Top of the line...”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Absolutely Delicioooous!!! Been there twice, The Chef Paulo from Canada (Toronto) with Portuguese roots is always present to make your dinner a special ocassion... The Duck, Ossobucco, The fish, empanadas, Crepe, everything so well cookedand seasoned and the presentation was perfect too...
Congratulations, arrive early otherwise some of the dishes are no longer available since they run-out fast!!!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank GermanGoyeneche
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Chicest Bistro in San Miguel!”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have eaten at Mezzanine several times and have yet to have a poor meal or bad service. I feel like I am dining in a European bistro and the attention to detail is great! A town as chic as San Miguel deserves such a gastronomic treat! Congrats to Chef Paulo Pocinho for striving for excellence in a town that often times lets you down when it comes to a fine dining experience!

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank mexicomartinsma
“Delicious and charming”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I love to eat at Mezzanine Bistro. The staff is so friendly, the place is beautiful and you feel so comfortable and welcome. The location within walking distance of the plaza is excellent and has a beautiful view to enjoy the sunset.
The food is delicious, you can enjoy a variety of dishes perfectly achieved, especially Portuguese and French food, a great Chef who knows and respects his work.
Mezzanine has a fixed-price menu where you can enjoy of 3 courses for only 200 pesos, incredible!
If you are in San Miguel de Allende do not miss the opportunity of knowing it.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Olgamat
San Miguel De Allende, Mexico
“Mezzanine Bistro Manifique!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I am not sure I spelled "manifique" correctly but what a great restaurant!!! I live in SMA and am constantly disappointed by overpriced and mediocre food. This is the opposite. This restaurant can rival any NY or Toronto or Paris restaurant for ambiance, food, service and value for money. For about $20USD you get three courses and a side!!! Top quality food with delicate and interesting spices. Double that for dinner for even more extravagant and wonderful food.

The setting is lovely with a wonderful sunset and a great roaring fire in the winter.

Don;t miss it.