“Would go back there in a heartbeat”

Villa Mirasol Hotel
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Not knowing what to expect, we picked this on line based on tripadvisor reviews
great hotel
great experience
charming city
great restaurants
and a PERFECT 4 day stay at thsi beautiful small hotel

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fem1234

Reviewed November 23, 2010

I love this hotel, I love San Miguel. Very close to the center of town. Very friendly management. Nice simple breakfast. Simple but cute rooms. free wi-fi which is much faster than average mexican hotel. I had no complaints. I booked through Orbitz. I think you can book directly for cheaper.
One piece of advice: when you are leaving don't ask the hotel to call a taxi. The taxi charges double ( I assume they pay half to the hotel) there are plenty of taxis everywhere. Just walk outside and stop one.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I had a group of 17 painters all prepared to stay at the same hotel I used the past 5 years when I read some recent problematic reviews on TripAdvisor. So I did some research and found the Villa Mirasol and took a chance to reserve 10 room for 7 nights. What can I say when everything about the hotel is great? The bottom line for me is whether my clients are happy. If they’re happy they come back on other workshops and tell their friends. I have to thank Evangelina and the staff for contributing to the success of my business!

Rooms are wonderfully maintained and quiet; breakfasts are fine; service and response time on any questions and issues is immediate. No wonder this is one of top rated lodgings in San Miguel. I’ve been bringing groups here for 8 years. I’ve stayed in 4 other hotels along the way and this is the one I will come back to. No doubt. I would be happy to answer any personal emails from prospective travelers.

I wasn't sure if the location was going to be good for us in terms of access to the center of town but I found I preferred this location to the hotel that was near el jardin. Besides, taxis are so easy to find and so inexpensive it was never an issue.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank nyartist1
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Close to "jardin" in center of town ... beautiful decor ... nice people.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The Vista Mirasol hotel is not well located. You have to walk several blocks to get to the main plaza. We also found that the "margarita" room was not at all what we expected. After the first day, we never got more shampoo or soap. The manager charged us extra for a missing towel and to clean the bed covers. I have never been charged for missing towels or to clean the bed covers.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamgarza
Reviewed June 20, 2010

This is such a charming place to stay! Quiet, beautiful, full of light and flowers - it really captures the SMA spirit. The staff is very helpful for all of my needs. This year will be my fifth staying here. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan H
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I just spend a weekend at the Villa Mirasol. The location is excellent - right in the historic center of San Miguel, within walking distance of all the major sites. The rooms were clean but the bed was SUPER hard. There is no AC but luckily it was cool enough at night while we were there that the fan in the room did the trick. Be wary of the "breakfast included" - most rates only include a "continental breakfast" which is literally two pieces of bread, a plate of fruit and coffee/juice. Eggs or anything else is extra $$.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple