“First time in San Miguel Allende”
Review of Cafe Rama

Cafe Rama
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, lunch and Dinner Open Tusday to Sunday from 8 am to Midnight CLOSE MONDAYS For the Moment we do not take Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a late lunch last week in this restaurant. We found it through the Lonely Planet guide, which by the way was a bit outdated. We had a very good experience. The food was very good. Service was satisfactory. In general terms I would strongly recommend the restaurant. Price was fair.

1  Thank Martin A

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very fun place. Pot pie is the specialty and is good. Also great margaritas. Also good guacamole. Close to Rosewood hotel. Eclectic music. Go for it! It is worth it. PS San Miguel is wonderful.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here many times since Cafe Rama opened in San Miguel de Allende.

Management, ownership and chef have changed... Food quality and service have been consistently decreased ever since.

This restaurant has passed it's prime.

4  Thank FoodLover2012
Cheryl F, Owner at Cafe Rama, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you feel that Rama has declined…but I assure you it has nothing to do with the ownership and management. I started Rama and have been the sole owner since the beginning. If you heard differently - it is because of misrepresentation & mismanagement of authority.

Rama now employs 35 local people - all on proper government payroll. Rama has been getting some great reviews too ….I suppose we all have good and bad days. All I can ask, is that you don't give up on us. We are a big supporter of the community with our employees and the locally grown produce that we use. If you have a bad meal - please let us know right then and there and we will do our best to fix it for you.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Café Ramas decoration is amazing; it has a mixture of modern hip décor with colonial Mexican arquitecture, food is pretty good but nothing special, prices are a bit high considering food quality but it get compensated with the great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Cafe Rama is a truly unique restaurant and one you do not want to miss when in San Miguel!
The owners have created an eclectic, cool vibe which has made Rama a visual delight as well as an edible one!
I went for breakfast and loved it so much I returned for dinner several times. I tried several dishes and every time the food was delicious and the service outstanding.
Your eyes will never be bored whether gazing upon one of the paintings by owner Jaime, a luchador lampshade, a gorgeous chandelier, or some crazy Mexican artifact!
Don't forget to check out the jewelry store in the corner with owner Finn's stylish designs!
Can't wait to go back on my next visit to San Miguel.