“Tasty Tasty Cakes”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Florida
“Tasty Tasty Cakes”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

It seems that the women who work in this cafe/bakery don't know how to make anything that is not really tasty.

Everything we order is really tasty.

When we were in SM three years ago this was our favorite cafe and nothing has changed.

My wife is addicted to their fruit tarts.

Michigan
“Just a beautiful place to visit.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love going in El Petit Four, it always smells so good and the case with all of the available pastries is just beautiful to look at. I had a sandwich there yesterday for lunch and had to finish with a tarte aux fraises. I loved every bite and I was glad I did not have to share with anyone! Paco Cardenas also gives cooking lessons, which I have taken last year and it was memorable, he also caters private parties and does a wonderful job. Very classy and very delicious.
Go to Petit Four and treat yourself to something sweet.

• Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Better than Paris, or even Alabama”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

During a recent visit to San Miguel, a friend and I decided to treat ourselves to breakfast at El Petit Four, having read about it in a guidebook. The experience was gastronomic heaven. I had a biscuit (bisquette?) that was huge, toasted, and served with delicious local butter and house-made jam, accompanied by a delicious, and lovely cappuccino (served in a glass mug, with layers of steamed milk, expresso, and foam). Who ever would have expected a flakier, tastier biscuit there than any in the U.S., even the Deep South? My friend had the luscious Parisian croissant, filled with an almond paste.

We chatted at length with Paco, the owner, who was as charming as his baked goods were satisfying. In the course of our conversation, we mentioned pervasive wifi problems at our rented house. Paco told us to come by anytime and use his. We did just that a day or two later. He generously shared his password and we caught up on personal business while enjoying a remarkable Tres Leches cake, a Mexican speciality, and the best eclair ever, filled with a chocolate cream and topped with chocolate ganache.

I have enjoyed pastries all over Europe, but Paco's had them all beat. I hated to leave, for so many reasons...

2 Thank CalamitySal
Washington State
“Almond croissants”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Second best almond croissants in the world! I didn't expect such good pastries here. I wish I had found this at the beginning of my six week stay rather than the day before we left

Åre
“Lovely sweets”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Small french pastries that I love. Perhaps not the coziest place but a great stop for a coffee and something sweet. Friendly service!

• Visited November 2012