Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada(San Miguel de Allende)
$292
  • Pool
Hotel Matilda(San Miguel de Allende)
$525
$327
Casa Rosada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
$117
$109
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

Casaluna Hotel Boutique(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$64
$54
  • Breakfast included
Casa Carmen(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Mia Suites Apartments(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$69
$54
Hacienda El Santuario(San Miguel de Allende)
$183
$114
Agoda.com
Hotel Casa Primavera(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$76
$73
Hotels.com
Villa Mirasol Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$106
$87
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
$595
$571
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewssan miguelhot waterquiet streetsuitesmacharm
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I recently spent 9 nights at Casa Quetzal while taking a Spanish immersion class. I can't say enough good things about CQ. The location is perfect, just three short blocks from the center of town. The staff and management are terrific. Each morning your breakfast is brought to a terrace right outside your room (or delivered to your room if you prefer). I am still salivating thinking of the fresh squeezed papaya juice. No two rooms are alike, yet they all feature old world charm. The modern amenities work well. The water in the shower was hot and the internet access through the hotel's computer was quick and reliable. As an added bonus laundry is free for stays of 3 days or longer.

The only drawback I can think of is that San Miguel de Allende, which is one of the most beautiful, historic and fascinating cities in the world, is also a bit noisy with church bells constantly ringing and fireworks frequently going off. That said, if you like a combination of old world charm,with wonderful and friendly service in a gerat location I highly recommend Casa Quetzal.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Casa Quetzal for 3 nights; and we can't think of a word to say against this delightful little hotel. It's not the Ritz; but then, we're not all that "ritzy" ourselves. Quetzal is cozy, colorful, tasteful, comfortable, intriguingly designed, full of odd, unexpected angles, side-paths, outdoor stairways, patios, and rooftop gardens. The place is so picturesque (the owners are artists .... this is San Miguel, after all) that we found ourselves snapping photos at every turn! All this, and great food too! Our al fresco breakfasts at a little wrought-iron table just outside our door, by a scarlet wall framed by ash-green saguaro cacti, were pure joy. Don't miss the chilaquiles! Finally, the service could not be better. Everyone was cheerfully ready to help us with any request (but never pushy or fussy). If we ever return to San Miguel (and I sincerely hope we do), we'll head straight for Casa Quetzal!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2009

All I can add to these reviews is that you won't be disappointed with this hotel. Just book it. We had the best time. We looked so forward every morning to the delicious breakfast on the veranda. I wanted to do nothing more than hang around and enjoy the terraces, reading my book. A great spa across the street. Free nternet. Lots of information and help at the front desk. If I have any complaint, it would be that our room got hot, and we found it difficult to cool it off. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

One of the reasons I enjoy San Miguel de Allende as much as I do when I want to take a break and not worry about arrangements and orienting myself is having found a small hotel, Casa Quetzal, where I pretty much feel at home. The staff is pretty tight-knit, kind of like a family, and they even suffer through my Spanish with good humor. The location is great, just a few short blocks to El Jardin, the center of town. The interior of the hotel itself, kind of a multi-level open courtyard (with shade provided by trees and overhead vines, is very attractive, a great place to linger over breakfast. For new visitors, the staff is eager to help and answer any questions.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Imagine starting every day on a private terrace, looking over an 18th century city on the hillside. The breeze blows gently as the cathedral bells begin to chime. It looks very much like a small town in Italy or Spain, but you know that you're in Mexico. You're still waking up and listening to the birds, when a kind gentleman brings your breakfast: smoothie, fresh-squeezed juice, pancakes, granola with yogurt, eggs cooked any way you like, great coffee or Mexican hot chocolate (many more choices were available that I haven't even named). This is how my family started out each day at Casa Quetzal in San Miguel. I cannot say enough about this pleasant B&B just a 5-minute walk from the downtown area of a charming city. The owner, Cynthia. Price, is extremely friendly and has an excellent staff. Javier (from Spain) greeted us in the afternoon when we arrived and made sure everything was set. Javier (from Mexico) was on hand every morning with a warm smile and lots of help in deciding what to do each day. We found all of his suggestions to be right on the money. He arranged for a private tour of the city, pinpointed shops that carried exactly what we were searching for, and always had a great suggestion for lunch and dinner locations. The B&B is beautiful --each room is colorful and features the art of Ms. Price or other local artists. We always had plenty of hot water (once we figured out that "C" was hot and "F" was cold, in Spanish, duh!) and lots of fluffy towels. In the evening, once again, we would move to the terrace and enjoy a sunset. Even with a teenage daughter along, it was easy for her to find private space in the roomy suite and she was able to have her own closet. She loved trying out her Spanish with the patient staff and easily checked her "important" emails from the high-speed internet located in the lobby. In the end, we purchased many items to ship back home, including some bulky and breakable pieces. Cynthia and her staff said "leave it to us" and took care of getting everything shipped back to Chicago after we left. They even followed up with informative emails to let us know our stuff was on its way home. Incredible. I cannot say enough about this great little spot. When we came home, it was difficult to sort out what we liked so much about San Miguel. Was it the beautiful Spanish architecture? The perfect weather? The art galleries? The friendly locals? The delicious food? Or was it the people at Casa Quetzal who ended up feeling more like friends than hotel staff? Who knows? But we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family