$258
$185
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

Casa Rosada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
$112
  • Breakfast included
Casaluna Hotel Boutique(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda El Santuario(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$181
$101
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Hotel Matilda(San Miguel de Allende)
$368
$268
Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada(San Miguel de Allende)
$320
  • Pool
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
$348
$320
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $459/night.

Casa Mia Suites Apartments(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$67
La Morada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$174
$93
Hotel Casa Primavera(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$78
All reviewssan miguelhot waterquiet streetsuitesmacharm
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I loved this place! It is some kind of a house in a very good location, it has a huge tree in the middle of the lobby, the decoration and the building is Spanish Colonial, Cantera walls, lovly terraces full of Bugambilias trees!
The hotel is not new, it needs a little bit of maintenance but this negative point is totally compasated on the extremly kind staff.
It has free WI-FI signal, they can do your laundry for almost free (you only tip them), they have a safety box. We stayed in a Master Suite that included a really nice private terrace with views to the Parroquia.
The hotel has no restaurant, but for us it was not a problem because you are in down town area, you can go to some of the really nice restaurants to have a good coffee.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
guerras2, Manager at Casa Quetzal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We are so happy to hear you had a great honeymoon at casa quetzal!
We hope to see you back in our hotel for your anniversary celebration!

Kind regards and thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked this hotel on Booking.com, this was my first mistake! The website has pictures associated with each room and promises certain amenities with each room. I had a narrowed my decision to 3 different hotels, all with fridge and microwave and coffee maker, this was imperitive for the kind of schedule we were anticipating while in San Miguel. I chose Casa Quetzal based on the photos and good location.

From the minute we arrived it was not good. First of all the receptionist does not speak english, why is that? Your in customer service, when your a hotel, there are people out there who speak both languages. We were given a basic hotel room that looked nothing like in the photos. But try to make yourself understood, not easy. When you are tired and have been travelling all day it is the last thing you want to deal with! There was no fridge, no microwave and no coffee maker. It was only after I refused to take that room and insisted on the room I booked that they called the manager on the phone and told him of my displeasure in the room. We spoke on the phone and at first his stand was that it was not his fault that booking.com misrepresented the room. Well who's fault is it for goodness sake! After pointing out that they are responsible for a site that represents them, he relented. I also informed him that I was a flight attendant of 25 years and that is all I do is stay in hotel rooms.

I will conclude by saying that we were given the same room, but that they brought us a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The room was rather dark, I like a more lighted room, but it was nice and comfortable. The manager did provide us with what we booked and was polite.

However they need to have a bilingual receptionist and have online booking sites that represent them with the correct photos for each room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
guerras2, Director General at Casa Quetzal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback we are quite sorry for your inconveniences but we are glad our manager could do his best to make you more comfortable.
Unfortunately websites like the one you mention do misinterpret the room and its features which are not listed in our hotel website.
we will do our best to try to settle this confusion with the travel websites but we encourage our guests to book directly with us to avoid any problems of any kind.

Again thank you for your comments

Kind regards.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

It was my very first time in Mexico and after having spent four days in Mexico City, coming to SMA was like a revelation! I always go to lengths choosing a place to stay and I had considered x hotels (there are many nice ones!) before I settled for this - and what an excellent decision I had made! My heart jumped with joy when I reviewed the rooms from which I could choose. Yes, I had booked the standard and upon arrival I asked for an upgrade. So I was shown several (better) rooms I could get for the same price. How nice! Guess I was lucky as it was not peak season and the place (as the whole town) was not too crowded... Decided to take #102 which was a spacious suite, a bit dark admittedly and close to the entrance, but with a lot of charm. The whole place is like an enchanted garden that you enter through an unpretentious door from the narrow and cobbled stone street and opens up a world of its own. Little alleys leading to the rooms that open up to sunlit backyards, lots of detail is given to decoration, plants, etc. I was tempted to just stay on the shaded roof patio and dream away... But SMA was calling and if you don't fall in love with it, there must be something wrong with you! Breakfast was not served in the hotel, you received vouchers for a café in town, but going there was not a problem as Casa Quetzal is located centrally and everything is quite easy and fast to reach from there and within walking distance. And the breakfast was really good!
I unfortunately only had two nights at Casa Quetzal (for a mere $150) but would love to come back and I can only recommend this place to those who have an appreciation for romantic and quaint places, as it's as beautiful as its namesake, the quetzal (a green-red Latin-American bird)!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments! nothing makes us happier than knowing that our guests had a great time at casa quetzal and san miguel de allende we look forward to having you again in our hotel real soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this hotel. The location was very good, close to all of the central locations. The staff was friendly and generally helpful. The rooms were clean but rather dark. We had the least expensive room and it was right off of the street so it could be noisy at night with the traffic and people walking by. Rooms 101 and 103 are both next to the street so try to avoid them. We asked about another room but were told that since we booked through an "agency", ie., on line travel web site, that was the room we got. That was a bit disappointing.
Our room was missing a hair dryer and the night staff brought us one and wanted to make sure that it worked before he left. That was very kind rather than just bringing it to our room and leaving and finding out in the morning that it didn't work. We looked at some of the other rooms and they looked quite nice, with fireplaces and other amenities.
Overall the room was nice for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Seattletraveler101

we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that our staff was able to solve your problems
we look forward to your visit in our hotel soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although it seems impossible that one could go wrong in the paradise that is San Miguel de Allende, Casa Quetzal was a charming and romantic retreat! I loved that stepping off of the cobblestone streets, we entered into an Escher-like series of patios and courtyards studding the narrow, plant-lined, open-air halls between breezy rooms. I can still taste the papaya smoothie served each breakfast atop the hotel under an umbrella and amidst colorful Talavera pottery. SMA is a perfect dreamworld, and Casa Quetzal is a lovely place to stay as you experience it. Convenient, clean, and full of SMA character!

My one tiny gripe is that the American owner was at one point quite condescending to the local concierge in front of us as guests. That made me feel an awkward stab of post-colonial shame and I can't shake that memory.

Room Tip: The pink room along the main hallway is charming!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ktimene
guerras2, Manager at Casa Quetzal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at casa quetzal!!! thank you for your comments! we hope to see you back im our hotel real soon!

Kind regards!