Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada(San Miguel de Allende)
$320
  • Pool
Casaluna Hotel Boutique(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda El Santuario(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$181
$102
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Hotel Matilda(San Miguel de Allende)
$363
$268
La Morada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$174
$97
Casa Carmen(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Rosada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
$116
$113
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mia Suites Apartments(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$69
$67
Hotel Casa Primavera(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$78
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
$471
$426
  • Pool
All reviewssan miguelhot waterquiet streetsuitesmacharm
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It was my very first time in Mexico and after having spent four days in Mexico City, coming to SMA was like a revelation! I always go to lengths choosing a place to stay and I had considered x hotels (there are many nice ones!) before I settled for this - and what an excellent decision I had made! My heart jumped with joy when I reviewed the rooms from which I could choose. Yes, I had booked the standard and upon arrival I asked for an upgrade. So I was shown several (better) rooms I could get for the same price. How nice! Guess I was lucky as it was not peak season and the place (as the whole town) was not too crowded... Decided to take #102 which was a spacious suite, a bit dark admittedly and close to the entrance, but with a lot of charm. The whole place is like an enchanted garden that you enter through an unpretentious door from the narrow and cobbled stone street and opens up a world of its own. Little alleys leading to the rooms that open up to sunlit backyards, lots of detail is given to decoration, plants, etc. I was tempted to just stay on the shaded roof patio and dream away... But SMA was calling and if you don't fall in love with it, there must be something wrong with you! Breakfast was not served in the hotel, you received vouchers for a café in town, but going there was not a problem as Casa Quetzal is located centrally and everything is quite easy and fast to reach from there and within walking distance. And the breakfast was really good!
I unfortunately only had two nights at Casa Quetzal (for a mere $150) but would love to come back and I can only recommend this place to those who have an appreciation for romantic and quaint places, as it's as beautiful as its namesake, the quetzal (a green-red Latin-American bird)!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
guerras2, Director General at Casa Quetzal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments! nothing makes us happier than knowing that our guests had a great time at casa quetzal and san miguel de allende we look forward to having you again in our hotel real soon!

Kind regards

Casa Quetzal & Staff

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this hotel. The location was very good, close to all of the central locations. The staff was friendly and generally helpful. The rooms were clean but rather dark. We had the least expensive room and it was right off of the street so it could be noisy at night with the traffic and people walking by. Rooms 101 and 103 are both next to the street so try to avoid them. We asked about another room but were told that since we booked through an "agency", ie., on line travel web site, that was the room we got. That was a bit disappointing.
Our room was missing a hair dryer and the night staff brought us one and wanted to make sure that it worked before he left. That was very kind rather than just bringing it to our room and leaving and finding out in the morning that it didn't work. We looked at some of the other rooms and they looked quite nice, with fireplaces and other amenities.
Overall the room was nice for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Seattletraveler101

we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that our staff was able to solve your problems
we look forward to your visit in our hotel soon.

Best Regards

Casa Quetzal & Staff

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although it seems impossible that one could go wrong in the paradise that is San Miguel de Allende, Casa Quetzal was a charming and romantic retreat! I loved that stepping off of the cobblestone streets, we entered into an Escher-like series of patios and courtyards studding the narrow, plant-lined, open-air halls between breezy rooms. I can still taste the papaya smoothie served each breakfast atop the hotel under an umbrella and amidst colorful Talavera pottery. SMA is a perfect dreamworld, and Casa Quetzal is a lovely place to stay as you experience it. Convenient, clean, and full of SMA character!

My one tiny gripe is that the American owner was at one point quite condescending to the local concierge in front of us as guests. That made me feel an awkward stab of post-colonial shame and I can't shake that memory.

Room Tip: The pink room along the main hallway is charming!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ktimene
guerras2, Manager at Casa Quetzal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at casa quetzal!!! thank you for your comments! we hope to see you back im our hotel real soon!

Kind regards!
General manager & staff

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a 20 or so room boutique hotel. My room was located at the end of a long pathway full of beautiful desert plants, and there was a nice roof top patio with a great view of the city.

How do I get one of these Mexican beds back home? It was so comfortable.

I booked very early and got a great deal with Expedia for $75 for a basic room. Staff were a lightly light on English but everything worked out well and I enjoyed this nice hotel located in the Centro of San Miguel.

Anyways, I usually stay at cheaper hotels or hostels so perhaps I was just overwhelmed by these "unusually luxurious" surrounding, but it was great by my standards.

San Miguel by the way is extremely beautiful. But it is also very popular with tourists. So there is a trade-off to consider. I came for two nights and it was enough to enjoy this magnificent town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Thank peter.craig
guerras2, Manager at Casa Quetzal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

We are very glad you enjoyed casa quetzal thank you so much for your comments! we really look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind regards!
Casa Quetzal manager & staff.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The location of Casa Quetzal is excellent, only a few blocksfrom the zocalo.
All the rooms are differnet with a couple nice roof top patios.
Lots of spots to get away and relax with a good book.
We had room 101 which is our front, a bit of street noise but a great room, big with a fireplace and a big bathroom.

Room Tip: The rooms to the back have less street noise with shared outdoor patio's.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
guerras2, Manager at Casa Quetzal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your comments!
we are very glad you enjoyed casa quetzal, we are aware room 101 is a bit noisy but very soon we will be installing duo-vent windows to prevent that!
we are really looking forward to your next visit with us!

Kind regards