“Can't say enough about our fabulous time to our friends...”

Casa Schuck Boutique Hotel
Reviewed March 6, 2009

My husband and I loved Casa Schuck --- The staff was excellent, clean, efficient, very friendly and accommodating. The facility was , as the pictures prove , amazing, gorgeous and very clean. We loved the outstanding breakfasts, coupled with evening drinks, the stay was just what the doctor ordered. Our room was romantic and it was difficult to get out of bed, but the sun shine summoned us everyday we were there. Our room the Royal Suite, had a private patio which we read every afternoon and enjoyed the mountainous views....We loved it and have already recommended it to 3 of our friends that have booked already. Hats off to Casa Schuck!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2009

Susan and her staff really attended to all of our needs. We were in San Miguel for my husband's 60th birthday so she gave us the Cielo room with a fantastic view of the city. She also let us have a party by the pool for my 2 year-old grandson. The staff arranged massages for my husband and myself in the room. The staff also arranged transportation to and from Leon airport and also a taxi to the Hot Springs. The whole family had a wonderful time (we had three rooms at Casa Schuck) in San Miguel. I would also like the recommend The Restaurant on Sollano 16 for the best food in the city.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2009

As a newspaper publisher one of the fine perks of my job is the ability to travel, write about it and call it work. My wife and I decided to travel to San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato after seeing some great photos of the region and being mesmerized. Imagine, if the photos were that stricking, the real experience had to be on another level. After much research and wanting to feel like 'a citizen' we decided to rent Casa Tahluhlah from Susan Cordelli at Casa Schuck...upon arrival we immediately realized that we attained that quintessential experience we were looking for.

I could write for pages about our wonderful experience at SMdA, however, I'll keep myself contained and focus on Casa Schuck. Ms. Cordelli's properties beyond the primary boutique hotel Casa Schuck itself are extraordinary! These various properties nestled in the hills around centro SMdA are each unique with a very signature feel and style, all too familiar with the region. Each is decorated with local artisans' work, furniture to match this unique artist community and the comforts of home (kitchen, roof deck, TV/VCR [not that you'll ever turn them on], dinette, fireplace, etc).

Be sure to catch breakfast at the community dining room in the main hotel! Exquisite, is the simplest way I can describe breakfast. My wife is a very particular eater, near vegetarian, lucky for her they even serve up turkey bacon and fresh fruit...she was delighted.

The staff at Casa Schuck was amazingly attentive and courteous, catering to our every whim and need. They were helpful in arranging transportation to and from the airport and any daily activities we may have wanted to explore.

When in San Miguel de Allende, Casa Schuck is a must to complete your stay. We'll definately be back to SMdA and Casa Schuck, taking friends and family with us!
(Full disclosure; yes, we did infact pay full fare for our room and board, Mrs. Cordelli was unaware that I was a writer until after my return home.)

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2009

We stayed at Casa Schuck with a group of friends and family and and we had a wonderful time. The property was clean, well maintained and the breakfast every morning was delightful. Each room had a private bath and most had balconies or patio access.
The town was just a short walk away and provided plenty of shopping and resturants. We even went to the town square for New Years Eve and had an incredable evening. (fireworks, music, street performers and such)
The Staff helped us with our day trips to the hot springs and the nearby towns for more shopping. The were very helpful with all of the details and even called and set up massages and pedicures in our rooms.
I would definatly stay at Casa Schuck again. In fact, I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2008

This past summer I returned to San miguel with my 7 year old son to stay for the month of July.

Instead of booking at Casa Schuck (which we have stayed in before) I rented a casita at sister property, Casa Cordelli. Its perched up on the mountain (about 10 minute walk into town), has a pool and a drop dead view of distant mountain ranges, San Miguel, and surrounding valleys.

Casa Cordelli is for the more self sufficient traveler, one who wants a kitchen, and more "local" experience. Its located on the bus route , which was very cost efficient and convenient.

There are several houses/ casitas to choose from, all lovely and with loads of character. Susan Cordelli and her husband Chuck Easter are generous, funny, smart hosts. The staff is efficient, friendly, and very helpful. What more could one ask for?

I have already booked my return ticket to San Miguel. Its become a serious habit!

Viva Mexico!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2008

My husband and I had read about Casa Schuck 5 years ago in the travel section of the Washington Post. It was still everything the article maintained. Lovely setting, beautiful rooms, easy walk to the shops,restuaurants, and Jardin in San Miguel. The staff at Casa Schuck was extremely helpful and accomodating. The breakfasts were varied and delicious. I would highly recommend Casa Schuck.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Elegant, comfortable and intimate. We absolutely loved our stay at Casa Schuck! Anything we needed was happily accommodated by a cheerful staff. The setting is absolutely wonderful and the courtyard and pool are tranquil and serene. Right in the heart of everything! We are heading back to San Miguel next summer and are planning to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple