“Best Hotel deal with a heated pool. Great for long stay”
Review of Posada de la Aldea

Posada de la Aldea
Toronto, Canada
“Best Hotel deal with a heated pool. Great for long stay”
Reviewed March 16, 2006

If you want an inexpensive hotel with a heated pool, this is the place to stay. Everyone that stayed there that I talked to agreed that this was one of the best hotel deals in San Miguel.
1. The pool is clean and heated nicely landscaped.
2. The rooms are large and clean(new mattresses were just added in Feb.)
3. The included breakfast was extensive and good
4. The location is perfect. Just across the street from the Instituto Allende and a 5 minute walk to the Jardin.
There were some single women staying here and it was easy to meet people. A good choice at approx 60.00 US for long stay rates.
I moved to this hotel after a horrendous experience at the Hotel Hacienda de las Flores and am glad I did.

• Stayed February 2006
19 Thank TOtraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2005

I stayed here during my visit to San Miguel de Allende, and I enjoyed it. The people were very nice, the food was great, and the hotel was also very well kept. I must have paid like 80 dlls a night, and would definitely go back to stay there. Very clean.

• Stayed July 2003
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, OR
Reviewed June 22, 2005

I stayed at Posada La Aldea over Memorial Day weekend. Basically, it was fine for the amount I paid, $650 pesos per night, breakfast included. I imagine the rates are higher in July and August when there are more visitors. The room was no great shakes, but relatively clean and secure. The slow-draining (and very dark) shower was a minor annoyance.

I registered via e-mail and found the staff to be very responsive to my questions (I was concerned about arriving after 1:00 AM). There was someone to check me in.

The hotel was very quiet. What few guests there on Saturday and Sunday were for the most part gone by Monday and Tuesday. It was quite warm while I was there. Had I been thinking, I would have requested a ground or second level room. The third floor got too warm!

The pool was quite nice, which I had almost to myself.

The breakfasts were actually quite good. The limited menu included a couple of my favorites, huevos rancheros and chilaquiles. Los Faroles, a very good taqueria, is just down the street on the same side as the Instituto Allende. I believe it’s only open in the evening. Four tacos and two beers for five dollars—you can’t go wrong.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the main plaza (Jardin). But if you’re tired or perhaps had a few too many adult beverages, taxis are quite cheap, about $20 pesos.

• Stayed May 2005