“Just What We Needed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Centro Mexicano de Lengua y Cultura
More attraction details
Owner description: This language school offers classes for both adults and children.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I concur with the other reviewers! I had read the reviews and corresponded with the school to make our decision. I was looking for an engaging immersion experience for my daughters ages 13 and 11 and it was perfect. The school is down a quiet little street. The interior of the school is cheerful, colorful and typical of the buildings in the town with a central garden courtyard. The staff was consistently super friendly, bilingual and organized. I was especially nice to meet Señora Josephina who was running the front desk, keeping the check-in process running smoothly and offering welcoming smiles to all.

1  Thank Jane T
There are newer reviews for Centro Mexicano de Lengua y Cultura

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My children are enrolled in this school (which seems to have combined with the also-excellent Centro Bilingue, run by Josefina's sister, Sara. My kids are so happy there, and have literally learned more in 4 days than in all of last year in Spanish class. The teachers are friendly, warm, and accommodating. The families are the same! A wonderful mix of (mostly) Americans, plus nice interactions with the Mexican kids learning Spanish. I myself am basically fluent, but for fun sat in on the Advanced Adult class. It was absolutely top-notch. It's a really, really special place.

1  Thank PaulaLB
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am embarrassed to be writing this review just now. Our family is on our third summer trip to San Miguel de Allende, and we have attended this school each and every time. It has made a profound impact on our children as they have been growing up. This very special Spanish School deserves the highest recommendation.

The Centro Mexicano de Lengua Y Cultura School is more commonly known as "Josephina's School". She and her family have managed this school for many years. Our first experience was in 2001, when my oldest daughter was only three. I didn't attend that year, but she did and loved it. We returned after a long hiatus last year. Our older daughter (now 14) and younger daughter (11) attended the school for two weeks. My husband and I also took classes during the same time period. The quality of teaching is wonderful, the community warm, welcoming and family like and we met so many interesting people traveling from many different places. Our older daughter has made friends she still keeps in touch with.

Josephina is very flexible in working with all sorts of schedules... a few days of lessons, a few weeks, private, group .... you name it. Her rates are very reasonable, but be warned credit cards are not accepted, so come packing some pesos or US dollars.

Upon arriving back at the school this past week, we were greeted with open arms like family and so enjoyed reuniting with the same staff, and even some of the same students.
Her school and family are one of the things that make this town so very special.

1  Thank flowdesigns
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Senora Josephina, who runs the school, is a jewel. The teachers are friendly, helpful, competent. They have a great program teaching English on Saturdays to disadvantaged kids in the area. The location is convenient. I can't imagine a nicer atmosphere to study Spanish while in San Miguel -- for adults/children/the whole family.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

The other schools we checked have rigid schedules of 3 week classes. We had a choice of starting in the middle of the class- and paying full price- or waiting until the next class. Neither choice was appealing or worked on our time frame. So we signed up for a week of classes at Centro Mexicano. One hour a day, 5 days, $40 each. The class is called Survival Spanish, and it's really been great. My wife and I learned to say literally hundreds of things. Just today, in Spanish!- we told the taxi driver where we wanted to go, then ordered at the restaurant, talked to the waiter, then told the taxi where we live- and we're only on day 4 of 5 days! Jospephina's a sweet woman, our teacher Jessica's terrific, and I highly recommend the school to you.

1  Thank stockmktgenius