“A gem -- places like this are hard to find.”

Casaluna Hotel Boutique
San Francisco, California
“A gem -- places like this are hard to find.”
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Casa Luna is gorgeous. The staff is top flight and put themselves out to meet my every need and request. Reina cooks up one magnificent breakfast after another. Centrally located. Beautiful interior gardens. A quiet oasis. I recommend it highly and would happily revisit any time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank the_way_i_see_it22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Casa Luna is the best hotel I have every stayed at. The staff is so friendly and very proficient. The breakfasts every morning are to die for, my favorite part of the day. Location is amazing, just a five minute walk to the town center. San Miguel is an amazing destination, can not wait to go back, and I would not even considering going back unless I could stay at Casa Luna.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I wish I could have stayed longer - a week was not nearly long enough. This trip, I visited with my adult son and his girlfriend. Casa Luna, besides being gorgeous, is relaxed, restful and welcoming.

The weather this time of year was delightful - warmed up during the day but comfortably cool at night for sleeping with the windows open. Casa Luna beds are luxurious but breakfast was always a motivator to crawl out each morning - the B&B's new chef is doing amazing things with local produce and cuisine.

Located near El Centro, Casa Luna is a 10 minute walk to the Jardin/cathedral, great shopping and restaurants. This visit, we did some horseback riding down into a canyon nearby, a couple days at La Gruta hot springs, and a day making our own "nichos" with a local artist. Dianne (the owner) and her staff went out of their way to assist us with arranging activities and just making our stay wonderful!

With the bicentennial ramping up, plan your visit soon and be sure to stay over a weekend. The special evening light show displayed on the Parroquia is amazing and not to be missed - a great interlude between dinner and postre before the walk back to Casa Luna.

Don't let the hype in the U.S. about drug wars turn you away from considering San Miguel - I felt as safe there (maybe more so) than I do in my pleasant valley Sunday Midwest suburb. ;^>

I definitely recommend Casa Luna!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We spent nine days at the Casa Luna (Quebrada) and enjoyed every one. The place has a dreamy feeling, beautiful gardens, wonderful architecture, and our room, Vista del Arbol, was about perfect. The location was an easy walk to San Miguel's main Plaza and restaurants, and there were quiet, shaded places on the grounds, when you just wanted to chill out or read.

The staff was unfailingly friendly and helpful. The owner, Dianne Kushner, shared breakfast with us almost everyday, and had good suggestions for every question.

Friends had told us to try breakfasts at a couple of restaurants, but after sampling the breakfasts at the Casa, there was no way we were going to miss one! Each day we enjoyed wonderful made-from-scratch breakfasts, with fruits, baked goods, a variety of egg and other dishes, and fresh and cooked salsas in unique combinations, with some of the ingredients coming from the Casa's nearby organic gardens. Just a wonderful, unique experience to start each day.

We felt safe and secure both inside our hotel and throughout our time in Mexico, including trips to Guanajuato, Atotonilco and Santa Rosa. Everywhere we went, whether in big cities or rural markets, the Mexican people treated us very well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My sister and I were exhausted the evening we arrived. But Gaby got us situated and oriented quickly. It was wonderful that we could get a couple glasses of wine without having to bother anyone. And we were able to order a really delicious appetizer to go with our wine. Then we sat out in our own little patio area and enjoyed the gorgeous garden (that was blooming with tons of flowers), great weather, delicious wine and mexican snack. Everyone was very helpful from Tia to Fernando to Dianne. And I appreciated the autonomy in getting drinks. There is a little frig in a communal area that's kept filled with a variety of drinks and you simply sign a sheet as to what you took and pay at the end of your stay. It worked great for us. We had a fabulous time there!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2010

6 years ago I stayed at Casa Luna Quebrada and always wanted to return. When I got engaged early last year, we chose San Miguel as our wedding destination, and Rancho Casa Luna for the wedding itself. Our 3 day wedding affair in October 2009 incorporated all of the Casa Luna properties: Quebrada, Pila Seca and Rancho. Photos don't do the properties justice. Each venue is unique and all are filled with art, color, lush plantings, fountains and the aroma of delicious food. The staff was helpful and delightful to work with. We immersed ourselves in the luxury of the properties and the charm of San Miguel. My wedding at Casa Luna was a dream and my guests claimed it was the most beautiful wedding ever. My husband and I can't wait to go back - we have roots now in Casa Luna/San Miguel and incredible memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Staff is great, loved our room, 'the gruta'. Casa Luna is located 3 blocks from the square, very convenient location. Although it is located in a colonial mexican town and is an independent hotel, it is clean and all of the bathrooms are modern. No worries here.
The best part was the gardens downstairs and the upstairs rooftop gardens that you could watch the town from.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple