“Would stay here again”

Casaluna Hotel Boutique
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We spend five days here and we enjoyed this hotel very much. It is on a perfect location that allowed us to walk to places. The bed was comfortable and we enjoyed the coffee provided in the morning. Great place and definitely very much recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Dolcebambina84
Gerente G, Gerente at Casaluna Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you for visiting our hotel! we hope to see you back very soon!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful . The place is just absolutely beautiful , a very Mexican hacienda type of hotel, I've travelled to Mexico everywhere for years and this is a very genuine Mexican place , quiet, beautiful, clean and safe just a 5min walk from the main square .

For those that complain about it being old don't pay much attention, it's colonial and a lot of things have been left with that old and original look to it such as the bathrooms.

I made a request to have the place decorated with flowers for my arrival and it was done indeed.
The only thing I wasn't too impressed with was that for two bouquet of flowers I was charged $P 840 so basically CAD$80! Pretty ridiculous but then again I wasn't too impressed SMA might have amazing a cheap food at the regular local restaurants but shopping wise , yes there are boutiques in every single corner but it's truly one of the most expensive places to go shopping in Mexico, prices for blouses and clothing in general are prices that compete with ours in Canada. I was flabbergasted.

All of SMA was friendly and safe to walk around day and night , I even took the public bus which was also safe to their Mega superstore.

Also there are many foreigners living in SMA according to statistics 20% of SMA's population are foreigners mostly Americans, Canadians and Europeans (British) and many of these people are running the town which have brought boutiques and hotels to the town with prices that are insane. A huge reason why SMA is pricey .

Ironically the reputation that some Mexicans living in America get about being "rude " and such has been reversed because these people that own boutiques in SMA are extremely rude , you walk in to their stores and they don't look up, don't acknowledge you they just send their indigenous Mexican associates to do everything while they stand behind the cash always looking down, not welcoming .

Overall there's more good than bad in SMA I'll definitely go back!

P.S. I do recommend anyone to take the small tour bus , there are people selling tickets in the main square park for $65 -$70 pesos , the tourist guide tells you all these interesting facts, stories and legends about historical places and buildings of the town in Spanish though but even if you don't speak spanish I do recommend it just for the ride and the beautiful view, they take you to the highest point of SMA where you get such a beautiful and stunning view of the whole town.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rene B
Gerente G, Gerente at Casaluna Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for visiting Casaluna Hotel Boutique!!!
we are very glad you had a great experience in our hotel and in san miguel we hope you can come back and stay with us very soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My mum and I spent two comfortable nights here. The rooms were large, each with a comfortable king size bed, and cool during the hit days. The hotel has a calming court yard and very welcoming staff.

There is no breakfast but do not let that put you off. Around the corner is a nice place to eat breakfast called La Mesa Grande.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bossy1979
Gerente G, Gerente at Casaluna Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for visiting our hotel!
we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!!!
we look forward to your next visit!

kind regards!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

There was some confusion when I arrived because I didn't realize that my reservation had never been confirmed. But I was taken in with infinite graciousness. Because they weren't expecting me, I stayed in three different rooms during my week long stay. I loved that! Each room a different feeling sense, to match my remarkable time in San Miguel. I loved Casa Luna, the terra cotta walls, the grill work, the courtyard, the view from the terrace, the generosity of the staff. I would definitely stay there again--though next time I'd make sure I really had a reservation!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Davia R
Gerente G, Gerente at Casaluna Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

thank you for visiting casa luna!

we are very glad you had a good experience in our hotel and look forward to having you again very soon!

kind regards!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This lovely hotel is situated right in the historical centre, yet it is very peaceful. The old hacienda building offers a romantic setting and unique decor, including a huge bathroom. Service is great and includes free wifi. This is a real gem!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank kakkoi
Gerente G, Gerente at Casaluna Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your comments! and your visit!
we look forward to your next stay with us! and are very happy you enjoyed casaluna!

Kind Regards!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We liked the hotel. Yes, it seems a bit rundown and could need a bit of maintenance but it it still has this old Mexican flair which fits to San Miguel. We were lucky, we had a very nice room, with a roof terrace and an unbelievable view of San Miguel including sun set! Impresionante! We did not sleep that well, because the first night the room was extremely hot because the sun had heated up our room during the day and we just found out the next morning how the windows open :-) (they even had mosquito nets)and the second night a couple next door had a big fight and as the hotel/ house is quite old...you could here every single word. But the staff was very very friendly and as the hotel has no own restaurant they offered to go and get us what ever we needed from the super around the corner, drinks, ice etc. Bottled water was free and everyday new in the room. Breakfast was served in the restaurant Bugambilia in the hotel Casa Linda, which is about 5 minutes to walk from the hotel. We didn't mind the little walk in morning and the breakfast was very delicious. We could choose from a variety of warm dishes, and the breakfast included fresh orange juice or fruits, bread with homemade marmalade and coffee, tea or hot chocolate. There also was some live music accompanying, a very nice men with his guitar and a lovely voice. As the mornings are still quite chilly in February and the breakfast was served outside in the Patio it was a bit fresh. To sum up...for us it was a good choice, we had the best room and really enjoyed....although I would probably try something else the next time we go to San Miguel

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs to have enough light!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank C J
Gerente G, Manager at Casaluna Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your comments we are happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel
we look forward to having you back sometime soon!

Regards!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The hotel is in a reasonably good area for access to major points of interest. It has a nice courtyard. The rooms are dated and pretty shabby and parts of the property show deferred maintenance. Since SMA gives one the impression that Mexico has been taken over by the Swiss and turned into an oldfolks home, this is a bit incongruous.
Breakfast is not available on site, but there is coffee. The staff were very pleasant and obliging.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jorge_v

Thank you for your comments casa luna hotel is going through a major remodeling process which will give even more value to our guests