I have stayed in four Orient Express hotels now, and I don't know how long this one has been owned by them. The rooms probably need a little more updating; the bedding was great and the bathroom worked, but the shower had weak water pressure and some corners of the property were a teeny bit tired. But overall, this is a fine Orient Express property and we had a great two days right in the heart of SMA but not on a crowded square. We walked everywhere, had great support from the staff who walked us to several private homes when we couldn't find them, and the food was very good. Would feel lucky to have the opportunity to stay here again. By the way, ask for Room 352, one of two behind the main dining area in a private ground floor patio. That is, unless you are asking for the Presidential Suite with its rooftop terrace overlooking the City!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada is a mixture of 16th to 18th century Spanish colonial buildings, located one and one-half blocks from the cathedral and main city square of San Miguel de Allende. Its 37 rooms and suites are spread amongst six colonial mansions.Each casona, or mansion, which features five to seven guest rooms or suites, is unique. Many feature outdoor courtyards with fountains, small gardens and al fresco corridors. Guests do not have the feeling of being in a hotel at all. Rather, they are integrated into the town itself, making for a true cultural immersion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Sierra Nevada By Orient-Express Hotel San Miguel De Allende
- Hotel Casa De Sierra Nevada