This is one of the Orient-Express properties and, as one might expect, the setting and the service are excellent. It’s well situated in “el centro” and a short walk to all of the most interesting historic sights, great restaurants and interesting galleries.
The architecture is traditional colonial, but the rooms are spacious, light-filled and include all the modern day amenities (e.g., wifi). The public spaces are almost as enjoyable as the private spaces, and most rooms seem to have outdoor terraces or better. Meaning, it really is a wonderful home away from home. A great base camp for enjoying all that San Miguel has to offer, and an oasis from just about everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada is a mixture of 16th to 18th century Spanish colonial buildings, located one and one-half blocks from the cathedral and main city square of San Miguel de Allende. Its 37 rooms and suites are spread amongst six colonial mansions.Each casona, or mansion, which features five to seven guest rooms or suites, is unique. Many feature outdoor courtyards with fountains, small gardens and al fresco corridors. Guests do not have the feeling of being in a hotel at all. Rather, they are integrated into the town itself, making for a true cultural immersion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Sierra Nevada By Orient-Express Hotel San Miguel De Allende
- Hotel Casa De Sierra Nevada