Casa Sierra Nevada occupies several colonial houses, actually 4, Three that are almost across each other and one that is several blocks away.
Each room is different from the other, some are better than others. Many are considered suites, and all are nicely furnished and decorated in a luxurious colonial traditional style and with many works of art. Many rooms tend to be somewhat dark and the bathrooms due to the colonial tile somewhat cold. But nonetheless it is definitely a luxurious property. Service is immpecable. The restaurant serves breakfast a la carte with a somewhat limited selection, but all items are well prepared. Luncheon and dinner are excellent. Rooms have a type of butler service that takes care of you, and will deliver fresh cofee in the morning to your room. Wonderful touch and we had a most attentive gentleman taking care of us, Gustavo, he is warm and takes his job very seriously. An asset to the hotel.
The pool is located in the largest house along with a beautiful garden and rooftop terrace, Location of hotel is fantastic, The staff will go out of their way to look after you,
An excellent choice in San Miguel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A heritage hotel in the Mexican heartlands, Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada evokes the charm of a bygone era. San Miguel is an adventure for the senses. Yet at the very center of this vibrant city lies a safe haven that’s at once connected to the locale and is its own private sanctuary. Swing open our ancient, wooden front doors and the fiesta outside gives way to a siesta-like calm. Water fountains and blooming flowerpots dot the cluster of heritage mansions that make up the hotel. A large pool, fringed with lush foliage and plants, provides the perfect place to cool off. 17th- and 18th-century buildings reveal inner courtyards, terraces and gardens. Here, history is woven into every stucco wall, tiled bath and curved ceiling, all balanced with modern luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Sierra Nevada By Orient-Express Hotel San Miguel De Allende
- Hotel Casa De Sierra Nevada