This hotel is not inexpensive, but we found it well worth the price. We had a large comfortable room in a historic building with a private rooftop deck that included a plunge pool. The pool was unheated, unfortuntely. Would be nicer if it were a hottub. This was a December stay and while the weather was warm enough to enjoy the sun during the day, it is not warm enough, with San Migue's cool nights, to heat the pool water. Great view of the Cathedral from our rooftop deck. The staff were very friendly and the concierge very helpful to us. The hotel is in a great location and an easy walk to just about everywhere in town. Loved the large bathroom with heated tile floors, complimentary espresso machine, free wi-fi, and working gas fireplace in the bedroom. The grounds are well kept and the interior couryards of the various buildings are beautiful. The "terrible" rating on the fitness center below is only because there isn't one--once you check something it wouldn't let me "blank" it out. Didn't try the spa, but they do have one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada is a mixture of 16th to 18th century Spanish colonial buildings, located one and one-half blocks from the cathedral and main city square of San Miguel de Allende. Its 37 rooms and suites are spread amongst six colonial mansions.Each casona, or mansion, which features five to seven guest rooms or suites, is unique. Many feature outdoor courtyards with fountains, small gardens and al fresco corridors. Guests do not have the feeling of being in a hotel at all. Rather, they are integrated into the town itself, making for a true cultural immersion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Sierra Nevada By Orient-Express Hotel San Miguel De Allende
- Hotel Casa De Sierra Nevada