La Mansion Del Bosque
Hotel Matilda(San Miguel de Allende)
$328
$269
Hotels.com
Hacienda El Santuario(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$202
Casa Rosada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
$211
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nena(San Miguel de Allende)
$203
Villa Mirasol Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$208
$86
  • Breakfast included
Arcada San Miguel(San Miguel de Allende)
$51
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
$625
$563
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Posada de la Aldea(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$122
Travelocity
Hotel Posada de San Francisco(San Miguel de Allende)
$78
  • Room Service
La Morada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$100
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Having never experienced a pensione before, I had nothing to base my expectations on. I thought it would be something along the lines of a Motel 6, but I was mistaken. If only it were like a Motel 6, I would have been so grateful. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and there were no fans in the rooms we booked. Some of the rooms had ceiling fans and I wondered was it the luck of the draw, since those occupants paid the same as me. I have to say, though, the breakfast fruit buffet was extraordinary. The fresh mango, papaya, pineapple, etc. was delicioso! It was quite noisy at night.

dede

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank dede46
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I had made a reservation for 3 (couple and a child) over the phone. When I got there 2 days after the owner accused me of lying and saying we were 3 instead of 2, she wanted to charge us more (we had already been told the room was 86.00 US) how much more can I be charged I thought. I gave her the name of the person who took my reservation, she told me it was the cook and that it did not count... She refused to accept the reservation. We finally slept there one night (my husband had to sleep somewhere else). I thought it was unkind to put people through this. Also I remained very polite with her but she was very rude the whole time. The place was ok but you felt the staff was overworked and unhappy. When we left we had to pay the cook (I guess she does do some of the chores ) because the old woman was not there, and only then we were told cash only, no credit card. It took forever to get the change because the poor woman could not count how much to give us in return.
Overall very unpleasant experience. I am sure you can find more hospitable stay in San Miguel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MBeauchemin
Reviewed January 4, 2008

We stayed at this pleasant guesthouse for two days over Christmas 2007, after traveling from Mexico City, see separate review of Hotel Camino Real, Chapultepec Park. The guesthouse is on Aldana Street, about 4 short blocks from the main square, cafes, shops, central market and the main church, the distinctive Parroquia. The guesthouse has a pleasant interior courtyard, small dining room at which your breakfast and dinner are served, and a reading room. The hostess has operated this guesthouse for more than 30 years and at Christmas has musicians/mariachis ply for the guests and for the comida/mid afternoon or main Mexican meal, in lieu of dinner that evening. Our room was on the second floor, via a 10’ spiral staircase, had 2 twin beds with quite hard but sleepable mattresses, pillows that should be replaced, a small sitting area, and a bathroom with a tub and shower, and bottle purified water. The room and the entire premises are very clean and the meals are of good but not gourmet quality. If you want the latter, go for the pricey $250-300 b&bs that have sprouted up around the square. The hostess is quite charming, the guesthouse is central, and the meals provide a convenient focal point for sharing experiences with the other guests. This is a down to earth comfortable guesthouse. Be advised and make sure y our taxis doesn’t t chare you more than 40 pesos to and from the airport and if it wants more, find another taxi at the bus stations. The guesthouse called for a taxi to take us to the bus station and confirmed the rate-jot down the number and the driver’s name so that you get in the right cab.

We had nice lunches and/or dinners at El Buen Café, 10-10 Pie near the Parroquia, and Correo, enjoyed a free chamber concert at the Peralta Theatre, and the colonial architecture of this easily walkable town, the tourist part of which is about 2-miles square. The guesthouse is adjacent to Park Juarez which makes for a nice stroll and then beyond up the hill and around the back end of the town to wind up at the square. There is a very large indoor craft, furniture, and produce market behind the town plaza at which you can bargain and find nice quality goods. A hot springs is about a 15-minute taxi ride distant and the botanical gardens which is really a gorge that you can walk /hike for several miles is about 1 ½ mile taxi ride from the guesthouse- a 1 ½-2 mile hike will put you in Dolores Hidalgo where there is a nice Italian restaurant-check to see that it is open. San Miguel is very safe, and has large expat population-Americans, Brits, Canadians, so, much English is spoken in the cafes and the shops around the square and side streets. Overall, a nice place to visit and relax and worth a return visit of several weeks during a cold US winter

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed October 26, 2007

This charming guest house is within easy walking distance to nearly everything in San Miguel, but located in a quiet neighborhood full of charm. It is spotlessly clean and the unique rooms are all delightful. The garden and courtyard are beautiful and colorful as you can see in photos attached to other reviews.
My first visit to San Miguel was this 7-day trip in October of 2007. Everything was perfect!
Ruth Hyba is a charming hostess and is always willing to help. I would recommend her place without any hesitation. It is a safe and friendly place for women traveling alone and I plan to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
6  Thank catladyPortland_OR
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I had done tons of research on places to stay in San Miguel. I wanted the bed and breakfast, small inn feel w/o the mandatory breakfast. That is jus what I got at this great place. When we arrived they coudln't find my reservation. But they were great and gave us a room right away and told us they would square us away later and not to worry. We were given a choice of where we wanted to stay and we opted for a bedroom on the first floor with a shared private patio. II fell in love with the Mexican decor..It felt like a home, not a hotel. The property was clean and full of light. We had breakfast there one day and it was good...but we opted to have eat out mostly since there are soo many great restaurants to try out. I totally understand why Americans fall in love with this town. Whatever you do...don't look at the real estate section..otherwise you might never come back :-)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple