“Delicious steak”
Review of Garufa

Garufa
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chatham, Canada
“Delicious steak”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very nice steak restaurant. Our waiter was so nice. His English was limited but we managed. The steaks are large, mine was a very tender 14oz. and that was the smallest one in the restaurant. A smaller lady size steak on the menu would be nice. I ordered a glass of red wine and it arrived Very Cold. I had to hold the glass of wine with both hands for a while for the wine to start to warm up. It was not just my glass, the lady at the table next to me had the same problem. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stopped in here on our weekend in San Miguel, and would never go back because it was Frightfully pretentious, expensive and made us both sick.

It is a nice place where wealthy people come to show off and feel opulent. (Should have been the first sign to leave, but we were hungry)

We ordered lasagna, which was huge and full of sauce and cheese (but no noodles), and what turned out to be poorly cooked beef.
My girlfriend finished about half of hers, and I stupidly finish 3/4 of mine.

By the afternoon, we were both feeling sick. She spent the remainder of the day in the hotel. I went out for a walk. By 2:30 am that night, I was feeling very sick. 2 days later... still sick.

Skip this restaurant unless you want to pay lots of money, sit around with a bunch of snobs, and get violently ill the next day.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank BOOIS1982
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Great Service, Otherwise NOT!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After having arrived at 19:00, the staff was very anxious to go to a pre-planned party last night.

So: the bread was warm, but made from the always awful MXN sweet/no protein wheat; the small spinach/chopped almond/asparagus encapsulated with Serrano salad and a light vinegar dressing was nearly great.

The rib eye was the worst cut I have seen in my 68 years!

Tons of gross surface fat and these folks could not grill a steak if their lives depended on it!

Thankfully, we brought a nice 2008 Schug Carneros Pinot Noir - $1, peso corkage on Wed and Thurs..
and split the rib eye.

Paid with VIP for a 10% discount!

The baked potato and creamed spinach were inedible.

AVOID!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank psmsmdagreyhound
GarufaSanMiguel, General Manager at Garufa, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
So sad you had a terrible experience.... we have over 40,000 visits per year and rib eye was the most preferred steak we serve. We have CAB (ceertified angus beef), as you may know is one of the best quality you may find on a steak. I hope you may have a better experience in a further visit.
London, United Kingdom
“Steak your claim”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We went at 7:30pm on Saturday night and were disappointed that the restaurant was empty. The enormous flame grill in the centre made for a warm reception into the elegant dining room. The double rib eye we shared was excellent and accompanied by creamed spinach and French fries. I asked for English mustard and once understood got something quite passable.

• Visited December 2012
Torreón, Coahuila de Zaragoza, Mexico
“Great Place”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went for Dinner to Garufa, really close to the main square plaza.

Food was really good, the steak that I ordered (Bife de Chorizo Mariposa) was cooked as I requested. My wife ordered a salad and she was delighted by it.

Service is great and the atmosphere is relly good.

• Visited September 2012