“Thank you for a wonderful stay”

Rosewood San Miguel de Allende
Tenorio Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
“Thank you for a wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently visited this magnificent hotel located in San Miguel, a beautiful city that retains its colonial charm. All hotel facilities are of very high quality, from the lobby, the restaurant, the pool and the large and comfortable room. The bath is spacious with excellent amenities.
During my visit I was sick and the hotel staff cared about getting me one doctor and being late on a Sunday evening the staff bother to get the drugs the doctor prescribed. As we were touring Mexico, through an oversight of mine I left the map at home and I asked the young lady who attended the reception where we could buy a map and did not take long to give us a country atlas.
If you wish to relax in the best possible environment and visit a beautiful city this hotel will meet all conditions of outstanding hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank Gerencia de Rio... .
, General Manager at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear StevenJ81,

I am happy to know that your stay with us was a memorable experience. Our entire team looks forward to welcome you back in the near future to your home away home.

Best regards,

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our 11th year visiting San Miguel de Allende and our 2nd year staying at the Rosewood. How lucky we are to have been assigned our same beautiful room in this gorgeous hotel. My husband and I are enjoying a delightful breakfast in the 1826 Restaurant as I write this review. San Miguel is a safe and charming destination in Mexico and the Rosewood is the only consistently exceptional hotel in town. It is good to know some things never change!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Debbie B,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it was an honor to us to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your last visit to this magic town. Our main goal is to ensure that every stay with us is a more pleasant and memorable one.

My team and I will be happy to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Although somewhat expensive for a hotel in a small colonial mexican town you get what you pay for: a world class service and ammenities in San Miguel de Allende. The rooms are spacious and confortable, the swimming pool extremelly pleasant, the restaurant service very good and the terrace has the best view of San Miguel (which you could still enjoy if not staying there). Having stayed in San Miguel de Allende on three different occasions on some of the supposedly best hotels around this one was clearly my best experience so far. Expensive but for that price range clearly the best alternative.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RosewoodSanMiguel, General Manager at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Luis M,

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your experience at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende,our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each and every one of your visits to Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, is a most pleasant and memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We booked private cooking classes at the Rosewood on a Tuesday for a Thursday class. They said that they would teach us to prepare any dish we chose so I asked if we could learn to prepare Chillies en Nogada. even though it was not the season for this dish, Chef Alex made the necessary arrangements to meet our request. We were treated to an outdoor kitchen experience that was unforgettable. Chef Alex was wonderful and full of energy. After preparing the food a special table had been set up for us to sit and enjoy our meal. What a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank rebswifty16
RosewoodSanMiguel, General Manager at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Rebswifty16,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Chef Alex certainly is a great member of our team and we are proud that he is part of the Rosewood Family.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future

Director General
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

All in all, this is a fantastic hotel!! The rooms are spacious, very high ceilings and beautifully decorated. Staff are extremelly kind and efficient. The Luna terrace bar offers a great view of San Miguel. Two comments, initially we were given a room (209) in which a constant noise was present, when we complained we where upgraded to a much larger room which was absolutelly quiet. Second, we were attending a meeting at the Rosewood ballroom it was close to 40 decgrees outside (100 f) and the air-conditioning was broken. This was later fixed.

Overall, very good, two details not unheard of in a new building

Room Tip: Avoid room 209,
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RosewoodSanMiguel, General Manager at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear PacoFer,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, your observations are highly appreciated and we are working on the issues that you have mentioned to guarantee that the service we provide will exceed your expectations.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to San Miguel de Allende.

Sincereley,

Alfredo Rentería
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

First of all let me tell you that we were undecided where to stay, between the Rosewood and Matilda. Finally I decided to reserved in in the rosewood and turned out to be the right decition! The place is absolutely beautiful especially the upgraded room that we got. Extra high ceilings, comfortable bed and our own private terrace. The service is amazing from the moment I made the reservations with Alexandrina up until our arrival and through all our stay. We enjoyed the beautifully gardened pool and the cabanas. Breakfast is excellent with plenty of Mexican dishes ti chose from. We also visited had massages at Sense Spa, which is among the nices spas we have ever been. Walking to the city center is only 10 min away and we passed and briefly visited Matilda's grounds... For us, Rosewood was truly the right place to come.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jrovero
Dear Jrovero,

Thank you so much for choosing us and for sharing your kind comments, I am very happy to know that you truly enjoyed your stay, and would love to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for one night at the Rosewood in San Miguel. It's a beautiful property with large, luxurious rooms and suites, beautiful grounds, a lovely pool area, roof top bar, excellent food and wonderful service.
My complaint is that I was double charged for spa services and one charge is still pending on my Bank of America credit card. The hotel claims that I wasn't double charged, the bank says their hands are tied, and I'm very frustrated at this point. I wouldn't have expected that this situation would arise in a hotel of this caliber. We also stayed at a smaller, charming, less expensive and luxurious hotel for one night and there was no problem at all.
So my advice would be to check carefully to make sure that the final invoice is correct. Other than that, I would highly recommend Rosewood.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kksgram
RosewoodSanMiguel, Director General at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear kksgram,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, after extensive research both in the spa and at the bank, the bank has accepted the error. However, we will continue working to ensure that in the future these problems will not arise again.

Sincereley,