“Greatest B&B for San Miguel de Allende”

Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I found Antigua Capilla on a web search. It turned out better than expected from the review of their wen site. The room was beautifully decorated, the bed was VERY comfrotable and the total experience was more than I had hoped. The food at breakfast was wonderfully prepared and a very large amount. The hosts were there and were more than gracious with every request we made. They did reccommend two tours we took and were thrilled we went. I would advise anyone going to San Miguel to stay here, no place could offer a beeter veiew, comfortable, beautiful rooms and wonderful, caring hosts.
Jim Cannon

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2009

Having travelled in over 50 countries, this was by far the best B&B experience we have had. No thought has been spared to ensure the perfect stay in San Miguel. Instantly felt like a home away from home. The hosts are gracious and very helpful, going above and beyond to ensure you get the most out of your stay, The view is incredible, the breakfast is awesome, the beds are huge, comfortable and 5 star hotel quality. Rooms are spacious comfortable and clean. Free calls to USA and Canada. Free movies on APPLE entertainment system. IPOD dock. We loved the location. A quick 5 minutes walk down to the center. Perfect couple get-away. Great value and quality. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Just returned from San Miguel staying at the new Antiqua Capilla B&B. This is a very nice B&B located in a typical and safe neighborhood within a short 10 minute walk down a hill into the center of town and a cheap ($2 USD) taxi ride up the hill after a day of shopping! Inn-keepers and staff are outstanding - very gracious and service oriented. Food is excellent. Rooms are very clean. Beds are heavenly! The view from rooftop overlooking the city at night is breath-taking and great for fireworks watching. The weather in San Miguel was to die for coming from hot South Texas!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We travelled to San Miguel de Allende for the Expresion en Corto short films festival which was great. The trouble is that we were practically embedded by the bedroom of Antigua Capilla! Maria one of the owners is very welcoming, serves breakfast and is lovely with all guests we met.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My stay at Antigua Capilla Bed & Breakfast was upon the recommendation of a friend. I stayed an entire week and from the moment I arrived until the moment the shuttle whisked me way, my stay was absolutely delightful. The bi-lingual (English-Spanish) proprietors were friendly, gracious, accommodating and knowledgeable of the city. Every morning at breakfast they answered my questions, made recommendations on places to visit, restaurants for dinner, customs and tips in general. (Travelling alone, it was especially nice to have this connection and guidance with someone every morning.) The room was very comfortable, spacious and appointed with traditional Mexican tile and brick. The 600 thread count sheets felt like home! They're tucked away on a Callejones but once you find your way around the charming colonial town, you feel as though you're 'inside' the rich cultural city and the location actually adds to the authenticity of the city and the visit. Amenities included free movies in my room, free international calls so I could check my phone messages and return family and business calls, free internet access through their wireless network and many other services. The view from the terrace is breath-taking. Upon leaving, they scheduled my shuttle pick up and offered to print my boarding pass for me. They exceeded my expectations and made my stay in San Miguel de Allende exceptionally enjoyable and comfortable. I didn't want to leave! I highly recommend Antigua Capilla Bed & Breakfast to anyone wanting cozy, squeaky clean and comfortable accommodations with the authentic flavor of colonial San Miguel de Allende. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We had a great experience at Antigua Capilla. Maria was just a doll and helped us to feel more than comfortable. Although Francisco was in SF, he checked in on us via email to make sure we arrived safely. The place is beautiful, breakfast was excellent and more than enough. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. i have already recommended the place to several friends both in and out of Mexico. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at Antigua Capilla B&B in San Miguel. To say the least we loved it. The owners, Antonieta and Francisco, we very gracious and accommodating and helped us with ever aspect of our visit. The property was recently opened and our room was extremely comfortable, clean and well appointed. There was even a beautiful restored Chapel right in the middle of the courtyard that gave it a special feeling. Our breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. We will really miss the incredible views off the deck looking down on San Miguel.

We have traveled across the world and stayed in many hotels and B& B's but few were as nice and enjoyable as Antigua Capilla. We will be back soon! We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple