“Fantastic”

Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was by far the best b&b I've ever stayed in. Everything was faultless. The service impeccable, Antonieta was sincerely friendly, helpful, organised and clearly enjoyed hosting guests. The rooms and main areas were perfectly clean. The rooftop Terrance was amazing. Easy walk to town ($2.50 taxi back up the hill). Breakfast was sensational. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in SMA.
They had thought of everything u might need, including free telephone calls to USA and Canada and free movies in room.

Room Tip: Stayed in mantra oritza. It was huge and lovely light filled.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nadiadobro

Reviewed October 30, 2013

On October 16, 2013, CNN reported the world’s best city is San Miguel de Allende (SMA) in Mexico. If this report inspired you to put SMA on your bucket list, I urge you to consider Antigua Capilla B&B as the place to round out an unforgettable travel experience. I spent ten days at Antigua Capilla and everything was above my expectations. Just to name a few things, the quaint beauty of the place and attention to every detail; the 600 thread count sheets that lulled me to sleep the minute my head hit the pillows; and floors that were so clean I didn’t think twice about picking up a dropped Ritz cracker and popping it in my mouth. (My OCD impulses and germaphobe tendencies didn’t even come into play.) As for the owners, Antonieta and Francisco, I was impressed by their kind, professional, friendly without being overbearing attitude, and keen sense of social correctness. Most impressive is their ability transition, seamlessly, from their role as gracious hosts who make sure breakfast and bedding are second to none, to knowing when to leave guests alone who prefer to breakfast sans conversation or interruption.

Because Antigua Capilla is located within the heart of SMA, you can expect to hear and see all of the sounds that reflect and translate Mexican culture--a sense of one BIG happy family celebrating life whenever and as much as it can. If such things turn you off, SMA, the "world’s best" city is, well, not for you. And you'll miss out on a memorable experience at Antigua Capilla.

Still, in case it's a question on your mind, not once did I feel afraid or uncomfortable at Antigua Capilla. In fact, I felt more secure there than I’ve felt at other establishments during my other travels.

All things considered, I can say, without any doubt in my mind, my stay at Antigua Capilla was money and time well spent. And, although I now have my own address in SMA, Antigua Capilla is on my list of favorite places to go when I’m in the mood for some holistic pampering. Don’t just take my word for it. See for yourself as soon as you can!

P. Harris

Room Tip: Tell the owners what you prefer and they'll do everything they can to accommodate you. That'...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Antigua Capilla San Miguel Allende.
My family and I were planing a trip to Mexico our Home Land.
Our first stop was Guanajuato Mexico and our Second stop was going to be San Miguel Allende.
Looking on line for a nice Bed & Breakfast came across the beautiful Antigua Capilla.
Coming into town I immediately started appreciating the beautiful City.
We finally came across the beautiful and stunning Antigua Capilla, entering into the small Callejon (alley) that was so cool, very clean and with the people living by just made us feel welcome. Opening the gates of the Capilla we came across the beautiful house with its beautiful plants along the stairs leading to the house. Entering the house we were greeted by Antonieta the Owner.
Antonieta welcomed us and showed us around. I can say that I missed a lot of what Antonieta was saying because I was busy admiring the beautiful house decorated with wonderful pieces of art, the beautiful living area and dinning room as well as the beautiful terrace with view of the City. The rooms were private and with stunning decorations. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The food was delicious. The house was centrally located so walking made it easy to get around.
Over all our experience with Antigua Capilla was unforgettable. I am planning a trip for next year with my husband.
Antonieta was very friendly has great knowledge of what the city has to offer.
I highly recommend this beautiful and tastefully decorated home for any occasion.
I look forward to my next visit.
Thank you Antigua Capilla …..Antonieta and the Staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First time in San Miguel de Allende. I did not know what to expect. However, I was very please. The service is oustanding, clean room, food delicious and the whole experience outstanding. The decor was beautiful. The room was spacios and the bathroom as well. Very clean, it truly make me feel at home and very safe. The comfort of the bed was excellent and the owners made us feel right at home. We only stayed two days. However, we are ready to go back sooner than expected. Very close to everything, not once we needed a taxi to take us into town. The staff of the hotel are very professional, humble and always willing to help. Very private place and quite, no noise can be hear from any direction of our room. This is a jewel in San Miguel and highly recommend it. Thanks to the owners for such a wonderful experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are ready to go back.
Sincerely
David & Teisy

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teda87
Reviewed October 29, 2013

On my first trip to San Miguel, I wanted to stay in a nice B&B that was stylish, clean and comfortable, and I didn’t mind paying a bit more for it. At Antigua Capilla, I got that and so much more. True, it’s about a 10-minute walk down to the town square, but I liked staying in a residential neighborhood that was away from the fireworks and noisy activity in the center of town. In advance of the trip, host Francisco answered all my questions promptly, usually within 24 hours. Antonieta, his wife who manages the property on-site, couldn’t have been nicer or more accommodating. She had great suggestions for guests who wanted to make day trips…or just hang out in town. I discovered that the San Miguel Botanical Gardens was a short 30-minute walk UP the hill, not down. What a treat to visit and hike through this gem! Breakfasts at Antigua Capilla were varied and delicious. My room was beautiful…the online photos didn’t do it justice. The view from the large rooftop deck is amazing. I was there at the end of the rainy season. One evening, I sipped a glass of wine as a I watched a storm cloud threaten, then move away. Life doesn’t get much better! I loved Antiqua Capilla’s gorgeous courtyard populated with lush greenery -- and hummingbirds. We don’t see too many of those in Illinois! Out of curiosity, I emailed a couple of other seemingly-upscale B&Bs, requesting information for a future trip. Neither of them responded. That says it all. Antigua Capilla is my SMA home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank chrisruys
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Awesome place to stay!! The rooms are spotless and the breakfast is fresh and homemade! The most incredible views of the city from the rooftop!
Adore the owners and they really make you feel right at home! Can't wait to return back next year....

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Melan55
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We traveled by bus to San Miguel and stayed two nights at the Antigua Capilla B & B. The amenities were beautiful, from the spacious and comfortable guest room, to the patio, dining room and the spectacular vista from the terrace. The detailed attention and artistic genious of the owners of this property combined with a personal care and hospitality toward each guest to create a unique and inspiring experience. Just the right distance from the town center, Antigua Capilla is quiet at night while providing guests with exceptional personal security. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013