“Trendy, hopping and yummy”
Review of La Azotea

La Azotea
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a rood top restaurant and bar very trendy with a young hip crowd. The staff is very friendly and if you get the right table you have a wonderful view. It can get a bit hot and they actually have a mister near the bar. The food is good and I agree with Ron Ron those Jicama Tacos are great! When I return to San Miguel it will be a must to get back here for those tacos. I have been here several times and have never been disappointed

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very trendy rooftop bar with good service and drinks. I would recommend it for pre dinner drinks and maybe a snack or after dinner drinks. Great atmosphere and good lounge music. Prices are reasonable. Best after 6.30 pm.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Other reviewers may have found the food mediorce. I do that I found one dish that I order every time I go up to the Azotea -- the jicima taco. Its a crispy fish 'taco' with a tasty sauce all laid out on a thin slice of jicima, a root vegetable with a delicate flavor that allows the filling to step up.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I'd recommend Azotea for cocktails and it's a wonderful place to enjoy a sunset or evening view, but the food is very mediocre. Three of the four of us were disappointed. The one happy diner with us had a salad. I had guacamole which had nothing added to it I think. It had so little flavor, I kept adding more ranchero sauce to it. my fiancé had shrimp tacos and wasn't thrilled. Food is just so so, but it's definitely a fun place for a drink. Mixed review!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

*happy hour goes until 9 pm
*one of the best margaritas anywhere - not too sweet... not too sour ...but just right
*the jimica taco is a must have
*nice relaxed atmosphere