“What a ride!”

Coyote Canyon Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 2000, Coyote Canyon Adventures is offering the most exciting and highest quality family adventure tours available in San Miguel de Allende. We have half-day, full day and overnight horseback riding excursions available. Our expert cowboy guides lead you safely through working cattle ranches, into Coyote Canyon(a.k.a. Cañada de la Virgen), through its river, over its plains, across its gorges, and down its sheer cliffs, all the while sharing with you their in-depth knowledge of the native flora and fauna. Their horseback riding excursions are exciting and rugged yet can also be tailored for families with small children or for seniors who would prefer a slower pace. Or if you require a little more adrenaline you can add some rappelling at the end of your ride or hike through the canyon.If you are interested in adventure tours we can offer activities such as hot air balloons flights, ATV's tours, rappelling... We also offer the finest tours available of the archeological site named "Sitio Arqueologico Cañada de la Virgen", which is a 1600 year old pyramidal complex in the same area. And many other activities such as hot air balloons flights, ATV's tours, rappelling...
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Rodrigo after we returned -
Dear Rodrigo,
I have been meaning to write an e-mail to thank you for the wonderful adventure for quite a while now. So sorry it has taken me so long. My children and I were horseback riding with you near the end of March. We came to San Miguel to stay with my in-laws who were there for a month. My mother-in-law, Karen, had told us about a ride she had done with you previously and wondered if we would like to give it a try. She had warned me that it was like nothing I had ever done before! She was right. Although there were times that I was scared to death, it is one of the most wonderful things I have ever done. I now understand why my late husband loved to go and ride in the mountains in Montana. He would have surely had the time of his life with you! You and your cowboys did a fabulous job of making everyone comfortable - regardless of their riding experience. My kids (Taylor - 15 and Alexandra - 12) had a great time, as well. The stories they tell about their experiences are hilarious to listen to.
So, thank you! I will never forget the adventure and the beautiful scenery. It truly was like nothing I've ever done before. But even more than that, I will remember how you treated each member of the group. I watched as you made certain that you visited with each person individually along the ride. How you took care to make sure that everyone was taken care of. How you let Vic just hang out at the ranch since his hip and knee no longer allow him to ride. And then on the way back when you dropped us off, you made sure that the other woman who was with us made it back to her address (even though she didn't really seem to know where she was staying!) It was your personal touches that really made it a special day for all of us. Again, thank you!

Now, unfortunately, I have a problem. I can't seem to get the disc I purchased to run. I have tried 3 different computers and 2 DVD players. I assume that I should open them using the media player, but it doesn't respond past the first picture or two. If I open the pictures as jpegs in Windows some of them open, but some go directly to the media player and then again it doesn't respond. Do you have any suggestions for me? I would really like to be able to see all of the great views again. Thanks for any help you can give.

And yes - he did create a new DVD for me and sent it free of charge - of course, this is what you would expect, but we all know that it doesn't always work this way.

All reviews
in 72 reviews
"marie"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Rodrigo and his team were awesome and very helpful while on this ride! I enjoyed it a lot! Very great homemade Mexican food and lots to see while horseback riding! This is a must do while you are in San Miguel de Allende!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Coyote Cannon Adventures. We took a several hours houseback ride through the mountains and Rio de la Virgin. It was incredible. Rodrigo was incredible. Not only was he interesting and helpful but he also had a special way with the 3 and 4 year olds that were able to ride along. The horses were calm and generally went easily were they were supposed to go. The scenery was magnificent. I would highly recommend this group.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Fantastic day spent on horseback in a steep canyon. Super home-cooked lunch followed. Very rustic. Highly recommended for something to do outside SMA. A little difficult to make arrangements but well worth the effort. Many other activities available: ATV, hot air balloon, tour of nearby Cañada de la Virgen pyramid.

1  Thank Harry M