“When you enter the Casa, you feel like you've entered the home of a good friend.”
Review of Casa de la Noche

Casa de la Noche
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I can't say enough good things about Casa de la Noche and Barbara. I chose the Casa off the internet for it's "colorful" history. Barbara personally called me prior to the trip and made me feel welcome like a new friend. We maintained contact via email and she continued to answer any questions I had leading up to the trip. A half-hour outside of San Miguel, I called to say I was near and Barbara's first comments were "what can I do for you? Is there anything you need when you arrive?". She welcomed me with a bowl of soup (home-made by her lovely and friendly assistant, Jovita), and sat and chatted with me. When you enter the Casa, you feel like you've entered the home of a good friend. I'm an amateur photographer and I couldn't wait to pull out my camera and take pictures of all the vibrant art and furniture displayed throughout. After my first full day here, I decided to cancel my plans to spend two days in Mexico City and extended my stay here at Casa de la Noche. Located in the historic district, it's perfect for an easy stroll to any part of San Miguel, especially the vibrant Jardin (town square) and then quickly retreat back to the Casa for a siesta or break from the heat. The rooms are very private, yet you still feel like you are a part of a home and not a hotel. I would recommend Casa de la Noche and Barbara to anyone looking for a comfortable, clean, quaint with all modern amenities (including free wifi), safe, warm, charming and very friendly home away from home while in San Miguel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed April 15, 2010

We had an extended stay at Casa de la Noche this year for the months of February and March, 2010...our first visit to San Miguel de Allende. We were charmed with the city, with our accomodations, and with Barbara our hostess and Jovita her housekeeper; both of whom made our stay very comfortable.
We woke up to a view of a Bouganvilia tree in full bloom complete with little green hummingbirds which we inspected from our beds with binoculars. It was such a peaceful way to start the day.
Barbara was adorable. She gave us enough information to get us started exploring good places to eat, places to shop for groceries, telling us how much to pay for cabs, etc. Once she discovered my husband was a Bridge player, she introduced him to a fine partner who he really "clicked" with. One evening of our visit, Barbara held a musical salon for a professional mujsician, one of her other guests, to play and sing for us all... it was a charming evening.
We are planing o go return to the Casa de la Noche next year and we lare looking forward to renewing our friendship with Barbara and the other people we have met.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We had a great time staying at Casa de la Noche. My husband and I and our three small children (all boys) stayed for three night during easter weekend. The home is beautiful with Mexican charm and is super close to the city center....five minute walk tops. We rented out a two bedroom part of the house with a kitchenette and family room. The best part about staying at the Casa de la Noche, other than the house itself, was the owner. Barbara, told us all the restaurants to go to and filled us in on all the favorite activities to do and kept us notified of all the special events happening. Without her advice we wouldn't of experienced San Miguel in such a memorable way. You don't get that kind of service when you stay in a hotel. I highley recommend Casa de la Noche. Even though it worked out perfect for our family with kids, it would be a wonderful romantic place for a couple to stay, or even for a group of ladies.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This inn is well situated within walking distance of the historic centre and great restaurants. Barbara, the owner, and her fine staff are very friendly and helpful in providing relevant information about this historic city to visitors. The rooms are well equipped and quite comfortable. The Madam's suite is very suitable for a long stay. Breakfasts are delicious and include traditional Mexican fare. It is a great place to meet fellow travelers and to share experiences.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2010

From the beautiful spaces, to the charming, helpful, knowledgeable host (Barbara), to the wonderful breakfasts, to the baby hummingbirds, to the interesting fellow guests (it seemed everyone staying there was open, interesting, and genuinely warm), to a wonderful town - it doesn't get much better. Oh wait, we also ate some mind-blowing mangoes...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My husband and I spent a very comfortable two and a half weeks in one of the suites. We had our own private balcony where we were able to sit and look over the city. Barbara made us feel at home right from the start, and we really appreciated the relaxed atmosphere. Nearly everyone met for breakfast in the morning where we had interesting conversations with the rest of the guests and ate the wonderful breakfasts prepared by Jovita. Casa de la Noche is a beautiful place that reflects the love and care of its owner.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

My daughter and I spent a very relaxing and pleasant week at Casa de la Noche. Our hostess Barbara really does go the extra mile to make your stay both interesting and comfortable. She can advise, and when necessary, intercede on your behalf to be sure you have the ultimate experience of this lovely colonial city.

• Stayed: February 2010