“Nice rooftop terrace”

Mama Mia
Cuisines: Italian, Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mama Mia Restaurant first opened it doors in San Miguel as a small restaurant with Italian, Mediterranean and Mexican food, and life music. More then 35 years later this place continues offering to its visitors, both locals and tourists, delicious food, life music and great ambiance. The restaurant is situated in the main Patio, there are also three Bar areas, Leonardos, La Barra, Mama's and a roof top terrace bar lounge La Terraza. Due to all these different areas and extended daily hours Mama Mia is the place to everyone, it offers a perfect place for a family dinner as well as for those who loves night life. You can discover young bands playing at the Mama's as well as Latin Jazz with world class quality. You can dance Salsa or song Karaoke. There is something here for everyone.... If you haven't been to Mama Mia you haven't been to San Miguel
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A good place to eat, especially on the rooftop terrace at night, near the fire place. The food is good, not amazing, but good if you want to eat something else than mexican food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I wanted to like Mama Mia's. I have been coming to SMA for 10 years now, even lived there full time for 3 years. I never really made the effort to go to Mama Mia's because it is such a tourist hang out, which can be a good thing. Very popular place, always a crowd of people, so I figured that they did not need my business at the time.

I was invited to go there as a guest, and so I welcomed this opportunity to make my first visit there. The place was crowded, even on a Sunday night during "slow season". I ordered beef fajitas, somewhat of a staple on many restaurant's menus. I was surprised at what I got, almost a beef stew on a plate with a side of tortillas. Not the way that I have ever had fajitas served before. Not that I do not like trying new things, but I prefer the sizzling beef/chicken with onions and peppers and sides of cheese, guacamole, and pico de gallo. I ate the meal, but I was not impressed at all.

I did notice that other tables had ordered pizzas, and they seemed to be good sized and quality. Perhaps if I ever decide to visit Mama Mia's again, I will order a pizza and have a great meal, as it should be.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great food Pizza, Salads, wine, great environment, magic colonial, nice global atmosphere, visitors from many places, great live music at certain hours, simply enjoyed with family and friends.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Mama Mia's is calm and relaxed on the weekdays with a nice rooftop terrace and on the weekends it is mayhem - loud, crowded, and filled with trendy people. It may or may not be your style but was an interesting experience. I had a burger which was frankly, one of the most delicious I've ever eaten. I recommend dressing the part if you're heading to Mama Mia's.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Mama Mia is a tradition for lots of folks visiting San Miguel. The pizza is excellent, the atmosphere is fun, and the price is reasonable. At night the roof terrace has pretty views and it's a two-minute walk to the Jardin to be in the midst of all the activity.