“Great sunday brunch”

Hank's New Orleans Cafe & Oyster Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hank's is the new name of the famous Harry's Restaurant with 12 years of history in Mexico, since 1999 in San Miguel Allende and since 2004 in Queretaro. Hank's is a bit of Louisiana and its "French Quarter", which offers the traditional Cajun cuisine from New Orleans. The atmosphere at Hank's is incomparable, you can enjoy a delicious dinner or spend a pleasant evening in the bar, drinking a margarita, a martini or a devastating hurricane while listening to jazz music.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

While I'm not a particular fan of Hank's (formerly Harry's) nighttime scene (a few too many ex-pats talking at the top of their lungs while hammering back happy hour libations), I'm a HUGE fan of their Sunday brunch. Complimentary mimosas, fruit plates, bread baskets (including sometimes delicious, sometimes underdone) jalapeno corn muffins and beignets are enough, in and of themselves, to provide a filling start to the day. Among the entrees, I'm particularly fond of the steak and eggs (a small filet mignon, accompanied by eggs to order and savory potatoes), although everything else I've tried has also been delicious. Topping out in price at about $10 per entree, Hank's brunch has to be among the best deals in town.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was told by locals expatriates to avoid eating here. My wife & I paid the price by ignoring them.

I like establishments with a bit of history which apparently Harry's had as an long running expatriate & tourist hang out & which apparently the new "Hanks" is attempting to rewrite.

After a three week visit to San Miguel "Hanks" was the only place we got sick. Our visit was such a cliche gone wrong; bad food, bad drinks, bad service & bad value.

Do yourself a favor & take the locals advice & avoid this place.

2  Thank MPLS21
Reviewed January 6, 2013

First, the name of the restaurant- bar has changed to "Hanks". Everything else remains the same.
I am a full-time resident of SMA and have visited Hanks numerous times, for lunch, a drink with a friend or, occasionally, dinner. Frankly, I usually do not think of Hanks when I am looking for a very good place to go to for dinner. This is a mistake.
Every meal I have ever had there has been excellent, including dinner a few nights ago. There were four of us and we were all very pleased. One friend had the rib-eye, which was cooked perfectly, had a great taste and was not overly fatty. I had a shrimp po' boy, which was excellent. We also had fish and soup, both of which we all liked very much. I've had several of the salads at lunch and they are all excellent, particularly the stacked tuna salad.
We ate at a table in the bar because we like that ambiance. Service, "buzz", background music were excellent. And, of course, a very congenial crowd was present, as always.
Do not overlook this excellent restaurant. It consistently serves some of the best food in SMA in an upbeat, fun environment.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was really suprised I liked this place as much as I did. Sure it seemed the most touristy spot we ate in San Miguel but that means a great mix of all sorts of people. It was clearly the most popular restaurant we ate at during our stay in San Miguel. Most tables where filled in a tipically low season. Food was really good and service was too.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Firstly this place is now called Hank's.
It has a very buzzy atmosphere and is very popular.
You need to be in the bar area to be part of it which means sitting on stools either at the bar or a poseur. Hamburgers were very good but we were disappointed to find that the every night Happy Hour only applies to certain specific drinks on specific nights. This was only explained after we got the bill.