Hampton Inn by Hilton Tampico Aeropuerto
Rio Vista Inn(Tampico)
Marsella(Tampico)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclose to the airportbreakfast includedwell taken careclean roomsfree of chargegreat place to stayonly downsidebusiness tripbusiness hotelhamptonshuttlesecuritythermostatconveniencelobbyrefineryveracruz
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I joined my husband while he was out of country (the USA) on a business trip. His trip was 10 weeks and I joined him in the middle of his trip for 30 days. He is a frequent business traveler and a member of the Hilton Honors program. He uses the hotel laundry service where ever he goes and has never experienced a problem except for when he decided to change hotels and stay at this Hampton Inn. They lost his shorts in the laundry and we asked about them six times over a period of 5 days. No one informed us of their findings so on the 5th day I spoke to the manager. She apologized for the neglect and assigned another employee to investigate. That gentleman came to my room, reviewed the facts with me came back later and announced he was unable to find the shorts and they would reimburse the cleaning costs of 30 pesos. The problem is my husband brought no other shorts on this trip. It is 90 to 100 degrees here. The price of shorts at the nearest department store is $749 pesos - that is a very high price and he still has another month to be here. Beside his shorts being lost by the laundrey service, they have delivered other peoples clothes to us by mistake.

I am very upset that a Hilton Honors member would be handled this way. No one should ever have to worry about loosing their clothes when they use the hotel laundry service, but a Honors member usually receives prefereintial treatment as a reward for their loyalty.

There are other issues I didn't mention to the management:
1.) They sprayed insecticide in the room against my objections
2.) The stopper in the bathtub does not work in order to take baths.
3.) The thermostat does not work and it is freezing in the room at 70 degrees.
4.) Office chair sits too low and have to sit on 2 pillows to get to correct height for the desk.
5.) The happy hour and the breakfast buffet have minimal (and unappealing) selections.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Justchargeit
Lupita G, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Tampico Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

We really appreciate your comments. I'll tell to all the departments about your comments, in order to give a better service to all our guests.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

If you have to travel to Tampico in order to follow your business, I'm suggesting you to stay in this Hotel. It's just few hundred meters from the international airport, with parking, large room and good service.

I'm suggesting to have dinner in the near italian restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments.

We hope to see you again soon with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

This is not your typical Hampton Inn. It's much better. This place was newer, very clean and with full service. Friendly staff included a doorman! In addition to the free breakfast, they have an open/free bar in the evening and serve beer, wine, mixed drinks, and finger foods.

The hotel is located adjacent to the airport, but noise was not a problem. A few minutes drive south on the main street is where the majority of shopping/dining is located.

The rooms were spacious, clean, and modern. Also, parking was located on property for free. The Italian restaurant next door was a 2 minute walk and was great too. You won't be disappointed here; I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TDubbss

Thank you for your comments.

We invite you to visit us again, and discover our new lobby.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed here on our way from Veracruz to Matamoros. The staff at this hotel were so very friendly and helpful. Our son became ill during the night and the desk sent a doctor right away to our room. I can't express how much gratitude I have for their help. The hotel is tastefully decorated. Unlike Holiday Inn, Hampton offers complimentary breakfast. Also Hampton is more comfortable at a price less than that of Holiday Inn. The staff is nicer and the decor is much better as well. A thumbs up from me on all areas of convenience and price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gardeningciela372

Thanks for your review.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

I stayed here for 4 days for a business trip. The hotel is located across the road from the Tampico airport, but noise was never an issue, even facing the airport. Free courtesy bus to and from the airport, waits for every incoming flight. If you're departing on the early morning Continental flight to Houston, get down to the lobby early (bus fills up fast)!

The hotel looks and feels like it was picked up in the US and plunked down in Tampico. Bed was comfortable, but the bed covering was lumpy (not a big deal). Bathroom was fine. Bottled water provided in the room. The thermostat did not seem to make that much of a difference in the room temperature. Fortunately, it was not cold enough that time of year to be a concern.

Free Internet (wired and wireless) in the rooms, but the connection was "muy lento" (very slow) either way. Good TV, plenty of English-speaking channels.

Gym was small but adequate (one ellipitcal, one treadmill, one weight machine, no free weights). Breakfast was free & good (hot and cold). My one complaint is that the juice machine has a water line into the back of it, meaning the juice is made with water. Although the hotel says its water is safe to drink, I never take a chance. It would be nice to have fresh juice or at least something out of a container.

Three restaurants within a 5-minute walk. Dolce Vita (Italian) is adjacent to the hotel (good food, nice atmosphere and bar). El Asador (steaks) is excellent. Also a taco place two doors down (didn't try, but looks fun). Room service available from Dolce Vita, IHOP, and Applebees. Nothing else nearby. Sam's Club is a 10-minute walk away (bring your card!), and a Walmart about a 15-minute walk away (but didn't go).

No safe in the rooms, but never felt that security was an issue. In summary, a very good choice of hotel, if all you need is a hotel. Same look, feel, and service as in the US; doesn't feel like Mexico (but I wish it did!).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Pete017

We are glad to know that you had a great experience.

We hope to see you again with us soon.