“Good food, chainy atmosphere”
Review of Los Curricanes

Los Curricanes
Ranked #1 of 154 Restaurants in Tampico
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Went here for dinner after a long, long day which meant that we were ready to load up on a few different dishes. Tried some kind of crab dip and a caprese salad with ceviche instead of cheese both of which were very good. The main was a white fish with smoked peppers and a bit of rice, not as good as the starters but definitely edible. Service was great throughout dinner. Rice tasted fairly Uncle Ben's-esque and the atmosphere was really, really chainy.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Curricanes is a must for anyone visiting Tampico. The restaurant has a great theme and decoration to it making a meal a great experience. The food and service is fantastic. Service is very good and friendly and the area is very clean. Liked it so much that had 2 meals there on my last business trip, and will have more when I have the chance. The food is very good with many different options, maybe too many. But all that I have eaten there was really good.

Only con is that it was packed full most of the time but it is very well worth the wait.

5  Thank The_World_Tourister
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a great little restaurant with fantastic seafood dishes! Some reviewers claimed the service was not so good but I found it to be great. While the waiters may come off as being inattentive, they are really being courteous I believe. The food is out of this world! I had the broiled octopus and it was great. Margaritas are somewhat sweet and small but I would have one again. For dessert, I highly recommend the banana pie which is like an ice cream pie with slices of banana on top--it was great. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. If you ever find your self in Tampico, Mexico, don't miss this one!!!

2  Thank DainyRays
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We chose Los Curricanes for lunch today and were not disappointed! The food was good and service was quick even though the place was busy. Recommended!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my lunch here. A local took me and we enjoyed crab, oysters, shrimp and monkfish (I forget the Spanish word). Seafood was very fresh and properly prepared. Owner stopped by to ask about our meal, nice touch.

2  Thank theebdk