“Best staff ever!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Best staff ever!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Don't usually do tripadvisor review but me and my boyfriend staying here for two nights over valentines, when we pulled up outside the hotel we were very apprehensive as it wasn't what we expected! A lot smaller than it looked on pictures but once we had been shown around and settled in it was the loveliest place with amazing staff, all very friendly and welcoming, the morning we were going home we didn't make it to breakfast and we even got bacon sandwiches for out journey home!
We have ate in a lot of top restaurants and this was one of the best places we have ever eaten food was beautiful.
Rooms are very clean and homely, bathrooms are basic.
All in all we had a lovely stay here and definitely will be coming back again!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Newburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We first experienced Ty'n Rhos in July when I spent my Birthday weekend enjoying meals on the terrace in glorious sunshine. We booked the Christmas Package on the spot as we had been so impressed with the food, the hospitality and the ambience of this gem of a hotel.
We were not disappointed.
Christmas was magical here. From the beautiful and sophisticated decorations , the excellent and imaginative food and the care and attention each individual guest felt they had received.
We were in excellent company with people who had travelled the globe and who like us appreciated the quiet qualities of the place which were clearly based on our hosts many years of experience in the trade.
We ate like Royalty and slept like logs in cosy peaceful surroundings. Our every need was dealt with and our hosts encouraged a house party atmosphere when appropriate whilst affording our privacy when required. We appreciated the skill and sensitivity they exercised in making our stay so enjoyable and relaxing.
i gather that many people have rebooked for next year and we look forward to meeting them again.
Anne S

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anne s
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I am very widely travelled and did not pay £165 for the night to be treated abominably by one of the rudest most arrogant people I have ever come across in the industry. Had I not been taken there as a treat and been paying for the room myself, I would have refused point blank to do so.

The suite was in part freezing with no means of warming it up. In the bathroom, the toilet seat was broken and when I put my hand on the towel rail, it was so hot that I burnt it quite badly.

I told the owner who replied that the toilet seat must have been broken by the 'disabled woman' who had been in before us and hadn't informed her. She also said that in any case she couldn't do anything about it that night.

When I told her about the towel rail, she showed no remorse or concern for the burn. She didn't even ask to see my hand. She snootily said that Housekeeping were told to put the rail on maximum heat to warm the place, and that it was up to me to turn it down!

I suggested that she at least put a warning notice to that effect , at which point she replied, nobody's complained before!

The food was overpriced and very average. If this business is to survive, then I suggest they remove the owner from front of house.

Fellow travellers, go find another hotel, where people actually Care whether you enjoy your stay or not!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
31 Thank Mozburger
Wales
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Recently booked a last min room here and really glad!! Arrived to a very warm welcome by the receptionist, lovely and warm with the log burners and real fire! Receptionist showed us around the hotel and to our rooms, very comfortable cosy clean room. Had a perfect evening having a few drinks by the fire at the bar and later on went to the lounge area where there where we played chess by the log burner, couldn't of asked for a better stay anywhere, staff were very attentive and friendly, on leaving we had a beautiful fresh breakfast and a huge smile after a lovely experience :)

• Stayed December 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at Tyn Rhos for the Recent Bordeaux evening which was a brilliant evening made all the more special by surroundings of Tyn Rhos from our gorgeous room to the wonderfully comfortable Lounge and conservatory. The food at dinner was absolutely fantastic as was the wonderful breakfast, the staff are wonderful and nothing is to much trouble I really can't wait to return

Room Tip: Don't hesitate "just go"
england
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Tyn Rhos Hotel is a hidden gem in North Wales, Our first visit on the 9th November for the gourmet evening.
A night of pure indulgence with amazing food and wine served by first class staff , the chef proprietor Stephen and his team fed us in style with eight mouthwatering courses presented on unique and stylish plates ( which defiantly don't go in the dishwasher !!).
A magical evening had by all, then to bed to our lovely room which had beautiful views over Snowdonia.
A good nights sleep and wonderful Welsh breakfast made for our lovely stay.
I would recommend any one who appreciates great food , beautiful surroundings and a warm welcome to stay here as we will defiantly back for another weekend of luxury.

Notts
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We unfortunately had appalling weather during our stay but Tyn Rhos provided a cosy retreat . Two things really stood out; the friendliness of the staff and the sensational food. We had booked a travel zoo offer which included dinner. The dinner exceed my expectations and breakfast was very good. I thought that the bathroom looked a little tired but otherwise it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanddeiniolen
Black Boy Inn
Celtic Royal Hotel
Celtic Royal Hotel
#3 of 8 in Caernarfon
Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!