“Wonderful Place”

Tyn Rhos Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have just returned home from 4 nights at this superb country hotel. The food was amazing as were the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and our room(no 21) in the courtyard was excellent. It was our first visit to North Wales and it certainly will not be our last.
We drove 400 miles to reach this wonderful place and it was worth every mile!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan J

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Returning to North Wales for my third visit and this was certainly the best of all and one the children, dog and I will never forget.

All of the staff in this beautiful hotel could not do enough to help and make our stay special and it was lovely to find a hotel that was so accommodating for both children and dogs. Our room was stunning with far reaching views over the mountains and the food was some of the best I (and my very fussy children) have ever experienced. Thank you so so much for a fantastic stay and we hope to see you again next year. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a fab 2 nights at Ty'n Rhos celebrating our wedding anniversary. The highlight for us was definitely the fine dining, which was amazing, but the staff were great too and the hotel itself was really nice. Good size bath to relax in after climbing Snowdon.

Staff couldn't have been more helpful and our dog had a great time with us too.

Dogs are only allowed in the bedrooms, which was fine for us because our dog was ok with that. Would maybe cause a problem if you couldn't leave your dog while you ate.

All in all, really enjoyed it

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Never in my life have i ever been treated so appallingly. The owner of this hotel does not know how to communicate with her customers. They promote the fact that they are a dog friendly and child friendly hotel only to realise they are not accommodating what so ever to the needs of a mother of a 7 week old baby and a couple who have a dog. I wanted breakfast and my daughter was crying, so not to disturb the other guests staying at the hotel i asked if there was any chance i could have my breakfast in the lounge only to be told that there was no way they could do this. I asked the owner why this would be so difficult and because i challenged her to launched into a full attack on how it was not her problem that i had a baby. My friend was also staying with her dog and the dog was not allowed to go anywhere other than her room. I asked why they say on their website that they are a child and dog friendly hotel if they can not accommodate the needs of mother or a dog owner only then to be told they do not want guests who have dogs and babies.

I am extremely well travelled and i have never recieved such a poor service. The lady owner is the rudest person i have ever come across. If you would like to enjoy a weekend in this area i would recommend that you stay well clear of this awful woman. The hotel itself is very nice and the other members of staff are lovely. Just a shame that the owner has to part of the daily running on this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
27  Thank Emma B
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked this Hotel for a weekend away in Wales. Our friends also rented a room. We have a newborn and our friends do as well. The manager / owner is one of the rudest people we have ever come across. In fact, how she is able to run a hotel is beyond me. She is certainly not from a hospitality background as she made us feel very unwelcome and the way she spoke to my wife and our friends (in front of her other guests) was unbelievable. She is aggressive, impolite and has no idea how to treat guests.

She also says the hotel is dog friendly but unfortunately it's not. They are certainly less than accommodating with dogs no matter how well behaved.

I would never recommend anyone to stay here as the experience was so bad. We ended up not staying the second night and decided to go and find somewhere more hospitable.

Such a shame.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
26  Thank ZeBray
Laura M, Owner at Tyn Rhos Country House, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

On making your booking (direct with the hotel) you were advised to read our dog policy available on our website and told you would be asked to sign this on arrival to the property - which you did. Trying to bring your dog into the dining room whilst you and other guests take your breakfast is unreasonable, unacceptable and does not define 'dog friendly'.
Not wanting to accept this and finally threatening to ruin our business on-line is offensive to us and the team that work here at Ty'n Rhos.
Following your abuse at reception in front of other guests, you were told to leave our property.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Service is outstanding, no need was left wanting. Gorgeous rooms. Well furnished. Lovely sitting areas and the views are stunning. Complemented with 5 star dining. Only regret is not staying more than one night. Recommend to all. This place is the best

2  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel to spend my *0th birthday..just one night !! I wish I had booked 3 (instead of moving on to other areas of the county). This place is amazing..upgraded on arrival to a superior room..beautiful view over garden and countryside..fab sunset..impecable furnishings and decor..very clean..the food is fabulous..service to match..The whole place is really lovely and guests are made to feel special..which is what we all need on a holiday..Thanks to the owner and staff for a wonderful time..just wish I had been there for a week of luxury...

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanddeiniolen
Black Boy Inn
#2 of 8 in Caernarfon
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
5 mi away
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!