“The Owner is the Rudest person I have ever met”

Tyn Rhos Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Never in my life have i ever been treated so appallingly. The owner of this hotel does not know how to communicate with her customers. They promote the fact that they are a dog friendly and child friendly hotel only to realise they are not accommodating what so ever to the needs of a mother of a 7 week old baby and a couple who have a dog. I wanted breakfast and my daughter was crying, so not to disturb the other guests staying at the hotel i asked if there was any chance i could have my breakfast in the lounge only to be told that there was no way they could do this. I asked the owner why this would be so difficult and because i challenged her to launched into a full attack on how it was not her problem that i had a baby. My friend was also staying with her dog and the dog was not allowed to go anywhere other than her room. I asked why they say on their website that they are a child and dog friendly hotel if they can not accommodate the needs of mother or a dog owner only then to be told they do not want guests who have dogs and babies.

I am extremely well travelled and i have never recieved such a poor service. The lady owner is the rudest person i have ever come across. If you would like to enjoy a weekend in this area i would recommend that you stay well clear of this awful woman. The hotel itself is very nice and the other members of staff are lovely. Just a shame that the owner has to part of the daily running on this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
26  Thank Emma B
There are newer reviews for Tyn Rhos Country House

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked this Hotel for a weekend away in Wales. Our friends also rented a room. We have a newborn and our friends do as well. The manager / owner is one of the rudest people we have ever come across. In fact, how she is able to run a hotel is beyond me. She is certainly not from a hospitality background as she made us feel very unwelcome and the way she spoke to my wife and our friends (in front of her other guests) was unbelievable. She is aggressive, impolite and has no idea how to treat guests.

She also says the hotel is dog friendly but unfortunately it's not. They are certainly less than accommodating with dogs no matter how well behaved.

I would never recommend anyone to stay here as the experience was so bad. We ended up not staying the second night and decided to go and find somewhere more hospitable.

Such a shame.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
25  Thank ZeBray
Laura M, Owner at Tyn Rhos Country House, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

On making your booking (direct with the hotel) you were advised to read our dog policy available on our website and told you would be asked to sign this on arrival to the property - which you did. Trying to bring your dog into the dining room whilst you and other guests take your breakfast is unreasonable, unacceptable and does not define 'dog friendly'.
Not wanting to accept this and finally threatening to ruin our business on-line is offensive to us and the team that work here at Ty'n Rhos.
Following your abuse at reception in front of other guests, you were told to leave our property.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Service is outstanding, no need was left wanting. Gorgeous rooms. Well furnished. Lovely sitting areas and the views are stunning. Complemented with 5 star dining. Only regret is not staying more than one night. Recommend to all. This place is the best

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel to spend my *0th birthday..just one night !! I wish I had booked 3 (instead of moving on to other areas of the county). This place is amazing..upgraded on arrival to a superior room..beautiful view over garden and countryside..fab sunset..impecable furnishings and decor..very clean..the food is fabulous..service to match..The whole place is really lovely and guests are made to feel special..which is what we all need on a holiday..Thanks to the owner and staff for a wonderful time..just wish I had been there for a week of luxury...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here a year ago while visiting family , the property was beautiful but the bedroom looked a little tired . We asked for the same room as the view over the gardens was fantastic and one of the reasons for our return . When we picked the keys up from the front desk and entered the room we were amazed by the transformation , the room had been totally over hauled with a modern bathroom, new carpets and oak furniture.
The hotel now has a new well stocked bespoke ash bar, allowing drinks to be enjoyed by the old open fireplace.
You can see that money has been invested in the right areas, even the entrance has a new customer friendly reception for arrivals and departures.
Both my wife and I have heavy workloads which are Internet based and enjoy social networking, this was made a lot easier as the speed and connectivity was available every where we went in the hotel and even the bedroom.
The staff are friendly and helpful , and the menu was tantalising.
Both my wife and I would like to say thank you and we will most definitely be returning in the near future for a short break

Room Tip: Ask for the superior rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is situated in a very quaint and quiet area set back from main roads but very handy for visiting the Snowdonia national park and key towns and historic venues. My wife and I have returned from one of the hotels indulgence breaks , two nights stay fantastic breakfasts and the food on offer in the restaurant was absolutely first class. The staff we encounted made us feel like part of the family and so welcome , room was very comfortable and well equipped. I have to talk about the food , we had as part of the offer a 5 course meal with champers one the first night , absolutely fabulous quality and so so good, try the surf n turf with the lobster,WOW , on our second night a 3 course with a quarter bottle of vintage port and a cheeseboard of local cheeses to finish off , unbelievable service and great quality gastronomic food. If your planning to visit this area of Wales , please stay at Ty'n Rhos , I promise you , you won't regret it.

Room Tip: From what we saw ,all the rooms looked fantastic , we stayed in room no.8 Larkspur with views of bot...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just back from a wonderful 1 night stay at Tyn Rhos while in the area on business. Lovely welcome and clean big room with all you would need. Booked to have dinner, owner was very guest focused and would do anything to help and welcome you as if you were staying as a family member. The menu really is fine dining, I ordered the chicken 'best roast you will ever taste' and it really was, presentation was exceptional and tasted good too. Finished with the secretive chocolate special on the dessert menu and it was a trio of chocolate delights. Once dinner was over I relaxed with a coffee with a couple of extra treats in the conservatory with a great view. Hotel was quiet even though it was busy. Location was perfect and I really will encourage my family to venture here on a long weekend. Any colleagues visiting the area I will recommend this to too. You won't regret booking at this hotel, I'm just sad I only could stay one night. Thank you mr & mrs murphy! Deco was lovely and tasteful, slight modernisation in bathrooms to be more luxurious would be my only feedback :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanddeiniolen
Seiont Manor Hotel
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Chateau Rhianfa
Chateau Rhianfa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!