“First Class”

Tyn Rhos Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed as a business trip this week, though whilst perfectly acceptable for our needs is obviously geared toward the leisure market. Nevertheless, brilliant place, friendly and helpful staff who can't do enough, spotlessly clean. The food deserves a special mention...utterly outstanding is the only way to describe it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon137

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived with Pooch in tow and hungry. We received a warm greeting and were shown to our room, a superior ground floor room making access to the garden easy for dog walks. The view down the hill is lovely. As we were the only guests, the dog was allowed to sit with us through drinks and dinner which was really thoughtful.
Dinner was a game of 2 halves. Starters were amazing but mains were less so. The lobster in my bisque was oddly mushy in texture. However, breakfast was perfect. The local yoghurt was delicious and our cooked breakfast set us up well for the day.
The room was spacious and warm, clean and smartly decorated though some aspects could do with updating. My other half found it difficult to sleep as his part of the twin zipped mattress was lumpy and the enamel on the bathtub was cracked on the edge.
However, we have to commend the service. From arrival to departure nothing was too much trouble. We were late leaving but they allowed us extra time in our room. They even had a lovely extra sausage for pooch in the morning. It is hard to find quality dog friendly accommodation and this is one for our list.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel was booked for my mums 60th birthday getaway. I opted for the courtyard suite which was the superior room as a treat. Sadly when my parents arrived it was bitterly cold, to the point where they didn't want to stay in the room or have a shower. There was also no bath, which seems odd for a superior room.

The staff were helpful in moving my parents to a reasonably warm room with nice views, etc. which was good. However there wasn't an apology or an offer of some compensation. Then when it came to leaving my mother asked if they could be refunded the difference on the room cost. Which would be expected I'm sure... The answer was that this wasn't possible without the management being present and that the management wouldn't appreciate being woken in the morning to deal with it... Haha!

The hotel needs a shift supervisor who can deal with customer issues, and be empowered to make decisions. Whoever the owner is needs to let go of the reigns or you're going to get the feedback via poor reviews on trip advisor. Hopefully my 1 star review has your attention?

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
27  Thank Rob S
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I arrived on Friday 22 Feb for a 2 night stay. On arrival we were greeted by Hilary and Steve (the owners) and were given a guided tour of the hotel including the cosy bar with log fire, the fabulous conservatory with squashy sofas and amazing views, the immaculate restaurant and the large bright lounge, again with roaring log fire.
We were then shown to our spacious room (Cornflower). The room was airy and bright with huge patio windows leading on to a patio area overlooking the garden and pond with waterfall. The bathroom was bright and clean with a lovely hot shower and the biggest fluffiest towels I have ever seen. All the rooms are individually styled and decorated to the highest standard but still manage to be comfortable and relaxing. All rooms have a kettle and tea and coffee etc.
We had afternoon tea which was absolutely delicious with huge scones, tasty sandwiches and welsh cakes. We also ate in the restaurant on both nights of our stay. The menu is modern and the food is cooked to absolute perfection by Steve and his team of talented chefs. I can honestly say that I have never eaten such beautiful, expertly cooked well presented food. The menu is competitively priced with a choice of 2-5 courses, depending how hungry (or greedy) you are. If you are a cheese lover definitely get the cheeseboard it is 'To Die For' and comes accompanied with little wooden mice, such a funny touch.
The breakfast is also delicious and expertly cooked with local sausages and free range eggs (cooked however you like them).
We didn't venture out much as we wanted a relaxing weekend to chill out, which was exactly what we did, but the hotel is conveniently situated for Snowdonia, Caernarfon and Llandudno and would really suit you if you like walking. There is lots of tourist information in your room and in reception.
All in all a fabulous weekend in a beautiful hotel with excellent food and friendly attentive staff. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

my wife and i visited tyn rhos on Friday for a one night stay and initially things started well. The staff were most helpful when we initially booked and also allowed us to change the date of the stay when i had to move it due to work commitments. When we arrived we were greated by a polite member of staff and given a quick tour of hotel and then shown to our room.
The room itself, along with the hotel was lovely as well as clean and because of the setting was also very quiet. We relaxed in seating room in front of a log fire and really began to enjoy ourselves
...then came dinner and where it all started to wrong. I ordered a surf and turf which said it came with sea bass but it was quite clearly salmon when the dinner arrived. This was a minor niggle and didn't spoil my enjoyment of the food until it came to order dessert. My wife is allergic to coffee so we asked if we could swap one of the deserts in the selection. She was very sharp in her towards my wife and then when my wife asked what a tonka bean was she was spoken to as if she was stupid for asking. We laughed off the incident as we were having a lovely time but then come breakfast time the staff member in question went too far.
We ordered breakfast and my wife asked for her egg to be well done as she was pregnant. The lady took our order and then a short while later a different staff member (the one who was rude the night before) brought our order out but gave us the wrong breakfasts. We swapped them round and my wife asked if her egg could be cooked again as it was still runny. The member of staff was once again very rude to my wife and made her feel like she was being very stupid worrying about her food during pregnancy. This upset my wife greatly as she had had a hard pregnancy as it is and we had come to relax, not be treated like idiots and be spoken down to.we promptly left and had breakfast elsewhere
To sum up, the hotel is lovely but due to the actions of one staff member in particular i am afraid i can not recommend this place. If you do decide to go though be sure to read up on tonka trees first

• Stayed: February 2013
10  Thank lateralusuk
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife & I together with our adult daughter recently enjoyed a 3 night break at this hotel. Everything about it was first class - one of the best hotel experiences we have had. Friendly staff, excellent food, lovely lounge areas and comfortable rooms.
Rooms 1 & 2 are highly recommended for doggy people with direct access to the front garden.
All highly recommended.

Room Tip: Superior rooms 1 & 2 on the ground floor ideal if you have a dog (or even if you haven't!)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, and could not fault anything.
The staff were extremely helpful,
The room excellent, and the food superb.
I will be looking to stay here again at some time
The hotel is just far enough off the beaten track to be nice and quiet, but only a few minutes from the snow don railway, which was ideal for us

Room Tip: On their website, you can view each room, which really helps
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DWillett_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanddeiniolen
Black Boy Inn
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
Celtic Royal Hotel
Celtic Royal Hotel
#3 of 8 in Caernarfon

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!