“Annual Get-together” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
chester
“Annual Get-together”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Mid November a group of friends had their annual get together at this wonderful country house. We were made most welcome by all the staff and nothing was too much trouble . We sat in front of a fire to have pre dinner drinks and canopies . Then into the dinning room for the most amazing meal. The menu was so good it was difficult to chose. After a good night sleep we had a great breckie with lots to chose from. Well fuled we set off for a days walking. We returned to a lovely warm house with Lots of hot water to bath and great fluffy white towels . Then we were ready to start the routine all over again. We were sad to leave after three nights , we hope to visit next again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed three nights at This lovely country house. Yes the room was a litle tight bit it is a country house not a chain hotel. It was nicely decorated, comfortable and cosy for these winter nights. We ate in the restaurant each night as we had booked the special three nights for two which included dinner each night. The food is of a very high standard and a little experimental.
The cornflake pannacota, with fried jam buttie and nutella sauce was a first for me and I would recommend. The staff and the family are extremely attentive, we wanted for nothing all my husbands whims catered for. (Robert and Caryl will understand this comment)The bar is appropriately priced for a hotel and has a good wine cellar. The location is beautiful and convenient for visiting the suurounding coastlines as well as Snowdonia. If you want a break but not in a large impersonal hotel this is the place. We booked through the hotel after viewing thier website for special deals and were not disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a reburbished room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My partner and I stayed during the weekend of the Snowdonia Marathon (which I ran) for two nights....

After a 5 hour car journey we received the most charming welcome, and were shown around the bar, restaurant, lounge and conservatory (which were all decorated to the highest quality) before being shown to our room. The bed was huge and very comfy... the room had everything you'd expect in a quality country house hotel, with good quality toiletries, a bath with shower etc. and was spotlessly clean.

After settling in we dined in the restaurant and had a pre-dinner drink and pre-starters in the conservatory. I stuck with the carbohydrate rich food... and was quite thankful for the options including a delicious risotto (too much potato and pasta in the previous weeks!!!). All courses were beautifully prepared, cooked and presented.

On the morning of the marathon I noticed a couple of sachets of porridge in the cereals, and when I inquired whether I could have one made up I was told that there was already a pan full in the kitchen!... which I hasten to add was delicious and provided ample fuel for the day. Its the attention to detail at Ty'n Rhos that we noticed, for example the quality of the freshly prepared fruit at breakfast with individual jars of honey and jam.

Following the marathon we went back to the hotel and asked regarding the possibility of a sandwich (I couldn't wait until dinner) and within 10 minutes there was a knock on the door with a freshly made sandwich with a side salad and dressing. Dinner that evening was again superb, with a very good white to accompany it! It was great being able to chat at ease with the fellow runners staying in the hotel, getting stories of their day (after all that's what we were there for!) - after all those weeks of training its reassuring to know it wasn't only you who found the last hill painful!!!

After reading previous reviews I can only state that we were made very welcome - Hiliary and her team were extremely courteous to us, and - as I'd expect for this level of hotel - most helpful.

Overall, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a weekend away - If you like the other hotels in the Welsh rarebits then you'll love this, especially if your're a foody! (we'd dine here again without any hesitation!). We've stayed in many hotels at this cost level and this ranks comfortably alongside them. We definitely hope to be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RunningSnod
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The care given by the staff and the comfortable surroundings made us feel at home. We appreciated the good food and our clean, cozy room after a day of strenuous hiking. The property's location, situated between Snowdonia and Anglesey, is convenient and quiet. The restaurant appears to be a special occasion place for local residents, who were friendly and engaging. I'd happily return to this hotel and will recommend it to friends.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inkfisch
BERKHAMSTED
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our second visit to Tyn Rhos using NatWest " Your points " for 2 nights plus 1 evening meal via buy a gift; cost to me nothing; just use the charge card. I was more than happy to pay for £80 ish for the two of us to eat in second night. Everything about it was even better than last time. Breakfast huge and well cooked and from 7.30am. Attention to the fine dining is top notch as is the service which is attentive but not overpowering. It was I think full even on a wet,very wet last week in September. Wi-Fi even workings in bedroom now but a bit slow. I will come again even if I have to pay full amount and, I have a holiday home in Wales. Keep up the fine work

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gordonberkhamsted
Brecon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed with four guests in five rooms in May. All the rooms were different with rear character but the main attraction was the gardens and the restaurant - food was superb. Fresh milk for tea from a fridge in reception +ve . Don't worry worry about small TVs and other quirks - enjoy the beautiful surroundings and excellent hosting form the owners - we will be returning

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HyddaMedras
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was very impressed with the staff, location and style of this country house and I would defiantly return. Excellent location for Snowdon. My main emphasis would be upon the restaurant. The food was fantastic, I would like to say that this restaurant is worth a visit to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Susan D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanddeiniolen
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 1 in Llanrug
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Meifod Country House Hotel & Restaurant
Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!