“Still excellent”

Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've spent many, many nights at this hotel but it had been about 12 months since my last series of visits. I'm thrilled to be able to say that nothing had changed - the staff were still lovely, the rooms large, clean and comfortable, and the restaurant absolutely superb.

I'll definitely be staying here whenever I am working in the area - or can possibly justify staying there! After 100 nights or more away each year on business, would I spend my own money here for a non-business stay? Absolutely. Thanks to Sarah, Eve, Emma, Jemma, Charlotte, Laura, Giovanni (and everyone else I have not mentioned) for making solo business-travel enjoyable! As you all know, I spend a lot of time on the road but always look forward to coming back to the Bentley.

Looking forward to returning soon

Grazie Giovanni, a te e tutta la squadra

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

What can we say ? I think that is the most gratifying review we have received ,and for you to be able to name many of our team is an added bonus to us .
When we please customers and it is recognised it makes the job so worthwhile. From all the team a very very big thank you and may we always give you the service you deserve.
Please visit us again very soon.
Kindest regards

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for the first time last week, easy to find and just of the main road, Couple of place to eat including McDonalds with a pub just on the other side if you fancy a little walk. Greeted and attended to very quickly and was in my room in no time. Due to me being a Diamond member I was upgraded (without asking) Room large .clean bright bath & shower. Did not visit the restaurant (it did look busy) went for the bar food so I could watch the football, Steak and ale pie which I did enjoy and was good value for the price. Breakfast was serve yourself with tea, coffee and toast brought to you. The restaurant was very clean and well lit. Staff were pleasant from start to finish could not find any faults Ample car parking spaces ………Well done to all that work there I will be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Your comments were great to read and the whole team are grateful for your kind words as any praise is much appreciated .
We will look forward to welcoming you back and hope you enjoy your next visit as much as your first .
I believe that you should not take comments personally, but I always do ,so yours has put an extra bounce in my step this morning.
Many Thanks
Kind regards

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Always welcoming and smiling. This is our favourite hotel - we visit regularly as our family are in Lincoln and we can chill out at the Bentley when we have had a fun family day. Meals always top notch and so accommodating to me as a Coeliac. Immaculate guest rooms and public areas as ever. Thank you all for another great break - will be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for you excellent revue.What a wonderful comment, we are all so happy and grateful that you can call it your second home may we continue to please you for many years to come.
Reading your comments has given me a lovely start to the day.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just returned from another visit to the bentley hotel and as normal all was ok except after booking an executive double room and then going to Breakfast in Morning i was advised that the price paid did not include breakfast ! i had paid 105 pounds for an executive double room and breakfast was not included this i found not very good and had to pay an extra 20 pounds for Breakfast....
The Hotel was booked through Trivago who did not make it clear that my 105 pounds was for just a Bed...SO WHEN BOOKING THIS HOTEL MAKE SURE IT IS INCLUDING BREAKFAST....

1  Thank george g

Thank you for your review it was much appreciated and your findings duly noted.
Re your actual booking .It is almost always better to contact the hotel for rates, this way you obtain the correct details before booking . You have ended up actually paying in excess of the bed and breakfast rate by booking through Trivago. They should have been more explicit with their details . Unfortunately we can't do anything as they are an agent .
We very often have offers on so in future just give us a ring.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.
Very best wishes

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had been here on business many years ago but was delighted to see that it was just as good. Only a one night stay at the weekend but facilities, room, evening meal were all excellent - very good value. Well trained and attentive staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. Its good to hear that you think our sevice and food has kept up its original great value and that you enjoyed your one night's stay with us as previously spent many years ago.
Our team enjoy the feed back and always try their hardest to please .Comments such as yours makes our job worthwhile.
I hope you will visit us again very soon
Best Wishes

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My new husband & I got married here on the 5/05/13 here, & booked the venue in 2011. From the very start the staff were extremely helpful, nothing was to much trouble. The wedding coordinators who we helped us (Claire & Jackie) were absolutely fantastic, helping us 'pre-dress' the bannister, which was a 1st for them. My bridesmaid & I came the day before, & was so welcomed, the lady on reception that greeted us, is what a receptionist should be (friendly & welcoming). We stayed in 'The Lauren Suite', this I would 100% recommend, as you need this for the extra space for the hustle & bustle of the morning of the big day. Thanks to the staff, everything went so smooth. Giovanni, who if i believe I'm right, is a wedding director? he is top class at what he does & you can put all your trust in him, because thanks to him & other members of staff that helped, they made our wedding day something truly memorable. Our wedding guests said the food was absolutely beautiful, which we knew, due to previously dining there. We wasn't rushed with our wedding breakfast, everything just flowed. My husband & I cannot recommend this hotel enough, for anyone thinking about coming here for any special event, as the staff are absolutely FANTASTIC. The only thing I can't comment on, is the spa facilities, there just wasn't enough time to indulge myself. The only thing I can say, is that my mother & other family guests used the hair & beauty salon & well they looked lovely for the event!
I can't stress this enough. From the bottom of our hearts
"Thank you, to everyone at the hotel, who made our day, so perfect" David & Katie

Room Tip: The double rooms are nice of what I saw, but the lauren suite is a large suite, 2 big beds/T.V's...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Well what a great review . How very kind of you to take the time after your wedding day to write such a glowing report. Claire, Giovanni,and Jackie are so grateful for your recommendation it is such a lovely surprise to realise that some people such as yourselves recollect peoples names.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your day with us. Our team enjoy assisting all our wedding parties. They have all read your comments and would like me to thank you .
With very Best Wishes for the future
Kind regards

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We use this hotel when visiting lincoln. Given its proximity to the main road, there is little to no noise when in your room. Staff couldn't be more helpful, everything clean and precise. Will keep coming back as its such an enjoyable place to stay

• Stayed: May 2013
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your review . We are all delighted that you enjoy staying with us and hope we can always give you the standard of service every customer deserves.
Many thanks for your kind comments . We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future
Kindest regards

#8 of 14 in Lincoln
Ibis Lincoln
Ibis Lincoln
#1 of 2 in North Hykeham

Been to Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!